“Special place outside tourist cener”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aziza

Aziza
Ranked #705 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Moroccan, African
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Cross street: 22nd Ave.
Houston, Texas
“Special place outside tourist cener”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I visited Aziza in late September, 2013. I made a reservation a week in advance via opentable. The atmosphere is lovely, low-key, if a bit warm. The staff were just wonderful and our food was very good. My most memorable dish was the salad I ordered to start - it had unusual ingredients and was very refreshing. I did not love the duck confit, as it was on the sweet side; however, the menu did say that it had raisins, so I should have known. My husband ordered lentil soup to start and lamb shank for the main course - they were both delicious! We also ordered dessert and a bottle of wine - we were not disappointed! We found a real gem for our next trip to SF!

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Little Dishes but HUGE Flavors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've had Moroccan food in Toronto, Portugal, and in Morocco. This place definitely stood out from all those locations because of the interesting use of ingredients. For example, we ordered the Lentil soup and it had Medjool dates. Just adding the dates alone made the soup one of the best i've tasted. The hummus and pita pieces sounds simple enough, but not when the restaurant is seasoning and baking the pieces of pita bread....and each of the flavors of hummus were so original from anything else that we've tasted before.

We ordered the couscous for our entree since we wanted starters, and even with a dish serving just couscous and veggies there was so much flavor packed in the dish. We loved this restaurant just because we kept getting surprised with each bite of food. The service was good when we went, but we went early before the dinner rush. Also, order a cocktail because those were also unique and delicious.

• Visited October 2013
Massachusetts
“It deserves a 5, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food was fabulous. We especially liked the basteeya with duck confit and the lamb dishes. The wine list was on the high side. The wait staff proficient, knowledgeable, and pleasant. The hostess was unpleasant and unprofessional -- I would have given the restaurant a 5 but for her. Please note: If you are counting on using the valet parking offered on the web site, do not make your reservation for a Monday night. For some reason, they cannot do valet parking that night. I know this because we went on a Monday and spent quite a while looking for parking.

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California, USA
“Good food, but service was lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Aziza has one Michelin Star and the food was great, but service was extremely slow and not really up to par. I have been to many other one star restaurants and had fantastic service so this is an outlier. Its worth a try, but would not return.

Visited October 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Moroccan food at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The duck confit basteeya was the best thing I have ever ate. I still have dreams about this tasty dish. It's a one star michelin experience but the atmosphere is cozy and casual.

Visited July 2013