“Worth the wait”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Wonderful tasty food - elements of India and Thai (for those who do not know Burmese).
They start seating on 5, and there's always a long time. If you don't get in at first they will take your name and call you back.
Not a foot of wasted room, but the service was excellent.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I've only lived in San Francisco for two months and I've already eaten here twice which means a lot considering we live in the foodie capital of the world! We got there early this time way ahead of the busy dinner rush around 530 and were immediately seated. Had the yellow bean tofu and Rainbow Salad which were both excellent appetizers. Then feasted on our delicious entrees (Deluxe Vegetable Curry and the Mint Chicken). The mint chicken has an awesome spice that finishes with a great mint aftertaste. The service level is on point even when they are busy and they even mixed our rainbow salad right in front of us. Best Burmese food I've ever had!! Definitely recommend if your in the Richmond District.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food and wonderful service. Just a wonderful dining experience. That's why I gave it high marks. The vegetarian soup was outstanding with hints of wonderful flavors. Their famous Rainbow Salad was so so. The coconut rice was great also, as was the pumpkin in the stews. The service and atmosphere were a "5" but the food was "3.5". I averaged it out and gave them a 4.
You should change your scale to a ten point system. It would allow for less mistakes as well as fewer 5 star restaurants that really shouldn't b at the top.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great food at this place - I would suggest the brussels sprouts (what a surprise of deliciousness!!) and the pumpkin curry. But everything is great really, all my companions enjoyed their food. The salads are mixed at the table side in a show of artistry and care. I always go to this place whenever in SF and am never disappointed.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Tried last week to get in but the wait was too long. This week we called at 6pm and got on the list. Man - let me tell you it is worth the wait and every penny. It was one of the best Asian meals I have ever had in the States. I spent time in Myanmar and Burma Superstar is really authentic.

Tea leaf salad is a must, the coconut chicken noodle soup is the best, and clay pot chicken was superb. Somehow we stuffed dessert down and it too was delicious - fried coconut pudding and banana jackfruit fritters.

I can't wait to go back. Well done

1  Thank andrew_branham