“Fantastic”

Neighborhood: The Richmond
Petaluma
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Happy servers, and delicious food.

The 3 of us shared 3 dishes. We started the Tea Leaf Salad which was absolutely delicious with fried garlic and peanuts. Then we had Nan Gyi Dok which is a mild coconut chicken rice noodle curry dish. We also had Fiery Tofu with lamb which is stir fried lamb with tofu, string beans, red bell peppers, and basil. Everything was very good and the service was great. All I need now is a nap.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Novato, California
“There's a reason why you'll have to wait for a table”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I know they are in the newspaper today as a possible source of a small E. coli outbreak in SF. Do not let that episode deter you from one of the best and unique restaurants in the Bay Area.

My wife and I are frequent visitors to this great restaurant. Make sure you try the Rainbow Salad. We are also fond of their Tofu Tower.

• Visited June 2013
Wells, United Kingdom
“Great service, amazing food, great presentation”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

So this was the first time I've tried a Burmese restaurant and I picked based on TripAdvisor. When I asked the hotel for a taxi the doorman recognised it and said it was probably the best burmese restaurant in SF, though I may have to wait for a table as they don't take reservations.

Wait was less than 5 minutes, but I did eat early and by the time I left there was quite a queue outside.

After being shown to a table and presented with a menu someone then came back to check I was ok with the choices and to see if I needed any help choosing. I went with the Chicken Samusus, Shrimp Curry and the Rice Salad.

The Samusus were great and served with a chilli sauce. The rice salad then arrived which was presented with the ingredients all laid out in the bowl, explained, then mixed at the table. Then came the shrimp curry - great shrimp and so many of them. None of the food was at all greasy and all tasted really fresh.

Dessert - there are some great choices but I went with the Pear Sorbet.

Overall a great meal and would certainly recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious Dinner”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My partner had dinner at Burma Superstar two years ago when he was in San Francisco on business, and insisted on coming back when we came here on vacation. We arrived with local friends right when it opened for dinner at 5 p.m. to avoid the usual lines and got a great table by the front window. Dinner was wonderful; one of the best during five nights in SF. We had the tea leaf salad, which is a specialty, and the chicken salad and both were excellent. We also ordered the layered bread and sauce appetizer, which my partner said was even better than when he'd had it long ago. For entrees, we ordered chicken with dal, pork and pumpkin and lamb and potato curry -- all really great. Dessert was a bit rich; we shared the layered bread with fruit, and coconut pudding fritters. While good, they are a little heavy and rich. The service was good, the atmosphere nice, and this was a really good meal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank James F
“New good experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Our vegetarian and vegan San Fran friends recommended the "B Star" for brunch lychee mimosas and tea leaf salads. Hubbie and I shared a chicken and shrimp biryani. .. yum! I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because we had stomach issues the rest of the day.