“Big Surprise”

Burma Superstar Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Seoul, South Korea
“Big Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Since one of my friend took me to the place, I didn't know this place is so popular when I visited the restaurant. However, I could feel that this is hot place even before I look for the review articles. Exotic atmosphere, friendly staffs and tasty South East Asian dishes captured my mind immediately. Feel like I will visit this place whenever I visit Bay Area!

1 Thank Sam G

• Korean first
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Exotic and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were just in San Francisco for a few days and sampled quite a few great restaurants but this one really made me want to write! I had the tea salad which was truly amazing and the garlic noodles (just the perfect thing for a chilly evening). Jens had the Pumpkin Pork stew, which he loved and I also thought was very good. We did have to wait a bit but we were forewarned by the nice couple next to us at our B&B. It was so worth it and I highly recommend it to anyone with taste buds!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Liza C
“Believe The Hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

When a restaurant is as hyped as this one, it usually disappoints. I was, however, happy to find this is one place that lives up to its reputation. We were very lucky to get in without much of a wait and ate family style so we could all try different things. The Rainbow Salad and Walnut Shrimp were amazing and everything else was wonderful. We even had a non-adventurous eater in our party who found everything great. The service was efficient and while it isn't a place to linger (the crowds on the street make you feel guilty), it was a great experience. I will definitely return the next time I'm in San Francisco.

2 Thank amateurtravelguide
San Mateo, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant has the best food - the tea leaf salad is truly amazing but I cannot eat it after 8pm - as a non coffee drinker it will keep me up all night! The dishes are all very good and flavorful, the desserts are amazing and the service is fast and done well. The value for money is very good - it`s nice that it`s 2 blocks from where I live - will eat here again!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Flowerbloss
Karlskrona, Sweden
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ate here on a recent trip to SF because we are headed to Burma next November. Amazing food. The rainbow salad was interesting. the coconut rice divine. The indian-thai fusion food wonderful to explore.

• Visited March 2013