“Must try the samusa soup”

Burma Superstar Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Had to wait an easy 2 hrs for a table, but the food sure was worth it. A must must try is the samusa soup. Its to die for...
Also ordered a noodle dish with a egg thai curry..that was good to.had quiet a resemblance to indian cuisine. For my first taste of burmeese food. I really enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a leisurely lunch while on holiday in SFO. We ordered based on the server's recommendation...the samusa soup and salads were good and interesting. But the garlic shrimps were the pick of the lot. Large and Full of flavour - absolutely the best I've ever had! They have a good, extensive veg selection as well. Must must-go !

2  Thank AshishNichani
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Like this place but what a madhouse. Don't take reservations so you get there early or stand in line (outside). We got lucky since there were 10 of us they held a table. Worked out good because we got a lot of dishes to share (although I like the spice level higher than most of the group I was with). Shared 9 dishes (a couple of curries, couple of veggie, couple of spicy, couple of salads), pitcher of Anchor Steam, pitcher of lychee mojitos, drinks for the kids, 7 orders of rice. $235 including 18% tip (included), SP health fee & sales tax. Lots of food for <$25/each.

3  Thank NMBomber
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I went to burma superstar with my girlfriend and other friend who had been there before. I jad never even heard of Burmese food, but it was described to me by my friend as a sort of mix of indian and thai. I dont know about that, but it was good! Service was efficient and with a smile - from a very lovely woman with Aung San Suu Kyi on her tshirt. We had the tea leaf salad which was amazing, samusa soup which was also good, garlic chili shrimp, which were tasty, abd coconut rice which wa fluffly heaven. All reasonably priced as well. The ginger lemonade was also Yummy.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was taken to this restaurant by a colleague who lives in San Francisco. What an amazing place, people queueing in the street to get in on a weekday evening. When we were seated I could see why, the food is fantastic and the staff very friendly. The restaurant is pretty small and the tables are tightly packed but this adds to the atmosphere. Well worth the journey out if you are staying downtown.