“Fantastico!”
Review of Bella Trattoria

Bella Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #504 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Cross street: 3rd Ave.
Transit: Muni 38 Geary bus
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Amazing experience at Bella Trattoria! An art form of perfection - combining fresh food with flavor and passion.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was the best Italian meal I've ever had in the city. In a neighborhood not necessarily known for it's Italian food, this came as a wonderful surprise. The service from beginning to end was outstanding. They were genuinely friendly, not forced. My Campari Appertivo was delicious and has now made me a fan of the pre-dinner coctail, the tricolore salad was perfectly seasoned, BUT, the best part of the meal was the gnocchi topped with fresh fennel sausage and mozzarella. Everything was homemade. The gnocchi melted in your mouth, the potato was so fresh it exploded in your mouth. The sausage was perfectly seasoned and the mozzarella brought everything perfectly together. I had the orange sorbet for dessert that was really good and refreshing until I found the freezer-burned middle. Everything else was so perfect, that the sorbet didn't turn me off of this place AT ALL.

I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Bella Trattoria is a classic San Francisco neighborhood Italian restaurant with outstanding food and service. The waiter's dry wit in responding to our comments added to our evening and he steered us to a delicious wine. Best gelato we ever ate.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Excellent neighborhood restaurant, we came here somewhat at random. The bone marrrow was heavenly...Now that fois gras is banned, I think this is my new favorite fatty thing to spread on toast :)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were into catch-up conversation, not especially food, so the recommend special-of-the day, salads, a split dessert, and a nice bottle of wine hit the spot. A quiet table, service was good, background music a little high. We'd go back although on a weekend might be pretty noisy when full. Parking easy on Tuesday evening. Convenient to Laurel Heights, California Pacific Medical center