“Awesome dessert crepes”

Crepevine
Ranked #26 of 146 Dessert in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Sunset
Spokane
“Awesome dessert crepes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I met a couple friends here for late night coffee and crepes. I got the cherry blintz and it was incredible. My wife got the double chocolate one and it wasn't super great, but would be great for a chocolate Lover. A little too much chocolate for us. But good nonetheless.
The atmosphere was super relaxed and friendly. Plenty of room to hang out.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, TX
“Good portion, Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went in the early morning and it was fairly empty. Food was delicious (had a crepe). Portion sizes are huge so you can probably split with someone. Would go back again -- but it got packed after 10AM. The coffee drinks were pretty good and large in size. I had a mocha and it was perfect in flavor. I would say it's a brunch or lunch place due to the large portion and pricing.

• Visited April 2012
Eureka, California
“crepes made in advance - had to wait a long time for coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

This place is well reviewed, and maybe that is why I was disappointed. I was in for breakfast with my husband and we both ordered coffees, just drip coffee, nothing fancy. So I was surprised that we had to wait almost 10 minutes for someone to bring it out to us...most places give you the coffee, which was right there, when you order.

My raisin french toast was excellent (and the only reason this review did not get a POOR rating), but my husband's crepe was just 'okay,' he and I both agreed the texture seemed off and we didn't think they used buckwheat flour, but we shrugged it off. Later I went to the restroom and had to walk through the kitchen and discovered why the crepes weren't great: they were made in advance. There was a stack of them on the sideboard. I have never been to a creperie where the crepes weren't made to order. They only take a few minutes....why make them in advance?

Also, we had to ask twice to have plates cleared even though the staff was standing around with little to do.

I will not go back unless someone can tell me this was an unusual experience - not worth it when there are so many other excellent places for breakfast.

• Visited April 2012
Bartlett, Illinois
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

A large selection and variety, plenty of food, the crepes are very filling

Visited February 2012
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Great place for Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great atmosphere, great food! The selection of crepes was very interesting and we really enjoyed eating here. We arrived without a reservation at about 11.45 and had to wait about 10 minutes but it got more crowded after midday.

Visited January 2012