“Great quick lunch 🥗 ”

Cuisines: Cafe
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Found this cafe as I researched our trip to SFO and went for a last afternoon lunch. The sandwiches were fabulous and hit the spot for under $20. I would recommend it especially if you just want something casual. It is cash only so have some money on hand

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed March 17, 2018

Delicious authentic Vietnamese sandwiches for under $10. My sons had noodle and beef/chicken bowls for under $12. Lots of fresh ingredients and good flavor combinations. Order at the counter and sit down in this small space with about 6 tables. Worth a visit when you are hankering for authentic Vietnamese food.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 22, 2018

I live 4 blocks from Cafe Bunn Mi and it is one of my favorite local places (Inner Richmond neighborhood). I am going to list what I have eaten here (The list is long-don't judge) All of which I highly recommend. This is a cash only restaurant.

Sandwiches

Grilled Pork
5 Spice Chicken

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018

I visited this little cafe at the recommendation of my airbnb host, who lives around the corner from Cafe Bunn Mi. The first time we went in, it was dinner time, they weren't serving banh mi, and my companion didn't want noodles or Pho. But we got there at noontime today, and it was fabulous. Lots of fresh carrots, sprouts, basil mixed together with warm, delicious roast chicken and a yummy, slightly spicy/citrusy sauce--ummm! There was some pate on mine too, which blended in with all the other heavenly stuff on the crisply fresh french roll to help the overall effect mesh. The atmosphere of the restaurant is quite casual: you order what you want and pay, then the staff brings your food to you at a table when it's ready. The door was open throughout our meal, so the restaurant was a little chilly. Even so, I'd go back there in a heartbeat!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Unfortunately, my crispy chicken sandwich was not okay. I ordered to go, my mistake. When I opened my sandwich it was still warm. (good sign) The huge bread was hard and stale. The chicken was overcooked, dry, and tough. The whole thing was super messy and disappointing. Also note, the website prices are wrong, always annoying. Maybe the owners should concentrate on maintaining their one restaurant before opening a second one.

Date of visit: December 2017