“Good, a bit overpriced, an alternative to other restaurants”
Review of YakiniQ BBQ

YakiniQ BBQ
Ranked #1,300 of 6,501 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Japantown
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed July 12, 2016

Enjoyed the cafe but didn't find we wanted to hurry back. Unusual flavors and unique drinks, they're quite proud of their products and items and found the cafe to be way over priced.

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

We wanted to try something new and different that is exactly what we got, we were very pleased with the experience and the food!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 31, 2016

We had been touring the US for a while and as I used to live in Asia, I love Korean BBQs. For the trip until this point, I have been overcharged for such a tiny amount of meat and limited in what I can order. This place was exactly like those I ate at when I lived in Hong Kong in the 1990s.

There are 2 entrances, if you want the BBQ, take the stairs to the right. This place is busy but we did get seated immediately.

You can chose from 2 menus, one has more expensive items on it, which seemed to be the only difference. You can choose 3 meats, then after that you can add one meat at a time, so you don't order food you don't eat. We had no issues with ordering, we weren't made to feel rushed and we weren't refused anything - all of which I have read in reviews. The day we were here our service was excellent, our grill was changed at least 3 times as we ordered food. The meat plates had a lot of meat on them and we found this to be great value for money and was our star-find of the trip.

I'd definitely go back here

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

There is a YakiniQ BBQ and a YakiniQ Cafe beside it. We only went to the cafe and had iced coffee, macarons and fruits on shaved ice (the latter 2 were good). It was overpriced though.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 20, 2016

Same name, same location, but focus has changed. Now a great place for a coffee or tea and a sweet. Nice selection of pastries, although mine was a bit tired. The ginger honey tea, though, was so great I went back for more the next day. Made with slices of ginger and flavored with honey. You couldn't ask for anything better on a foggy day or for a foggy throat.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to YakiniQ BBQ? Share your experiences!