“Cafe”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Japantown
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

There is a YakiniQ BBQ and a YakiniQ Cafe beside it. We only went to the cafe and had iced coffee, macarons and fruits on shaved ice (the latter 2 were good). It was overpriced though.

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed March 20, 2016

Same name, same location, but focus has changed. Now a great place for a coffee or tea and a sweet. Nice selection of pastries, although mine was a bit tired. The ginger honey tea, though, was so great I went back for more the next day. Made with slices of ginger and flavored with honey. You couldn't ask for anything better on a foggy day or for a foggy throat.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed October 16, 2015

I was shocked I never knew about the YakiniQ. My wife and I took a short trip to Japantown for a couple nights before she had our lovely baby boy. Our "baby-moon" if you will, lol! Anyways, she recommended we go he since our hotel was just two blocks away and a lot of her friends spoke highly of this restaurant.

We walked up the stairs into an incredibly smokey dining room. I was shocked at how busy the place was. Every table stuffed with people. We approached the host and he placed our name on a long, long, long list and said it would be about 45 min. well, the forty five minutes came and passed and my wife and I were getting a bit impatient. Give her a break, she was literally 9 months pregnant! We asked the host how much longer it might be and he gave us that look. You know the one. He was thinking at least another 30 to an hour. He said he would call us on my phone if we wanted to head back to the hotel! So we did! I figured it was a longshot if he would actually call me back. The place was soooo busy! Amazingly enough, about an hour later, my cell rang and it was him! We ran over as fast as a hungry 9 month pregnant couple could!

We sat and ordered a bunch of different meats. Short ribs, chicken, and a type of beef. They brought large plates of the different meats and we began grilling them up on the burners in front of us. They accompany the meats with some kim che and other Korean sides. I kinda just stuck to the meats as I am not a fan of kim che but I did try it and it was pretty good! I think some potatoes came with it too. The staff was helpful too, even tho it was insanely busy in there.

To sum it up, YakiniQ is a great spot in the city that would be fun for a party, date, a small group of friends, or if you need your Korean BBQ fix! Give them some time to seat you tho!!!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 13, 2015

YakiniQ is totally worth the wait for their all-you-can-eat Korean bbq. Flushing down everything with some Korean beer is highly recommended. Staff is patient and incredibly helpful. I'm definitely coming back!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic place and the service is spot on. They really looked after us and helped us with our bbq. Great beef and chicken dishes and such a good price. 30 min wait for a table on a Monday night kind of shows you how.popular it is. Great.

Date of visit: August 2015

Been to YakiniQ BBQ? Share your experiences!