“Love this food!”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Japantown
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed July 6, 2015

The cook-at-your-table Korean BBQ here was excellent, very tasty. It was hard to get a table, the place is pretty small so come early if you can. The restaurant itself could use a good cleaning, especially the carpet.

Date of visit: June 2015
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed June 9, 2015

This a great little Korean restaurant. Good, well marinated meat portions, great salads and my wife said the egg dish was to die for. Definitely tuned for the younger customer it offers a simple menu, loud music. television and a cue out the door. If you like Korean and are not shy then I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 26, 2015

My friend and I arrived here on a weekend night and the line was out the door. We spoke to the the guy seating everyone and he took our cell # and recommended a nice bar down the street for a cold beer while waiting for a table. We chose the more expensive option on the menu and the goodness began to flow from the kitchen to our table. My friend and I are both chefs so we require very little attention other than keeping the grill covered with meat/seafood and the beer glasses full...we were in heaven!!! The hot egg side dish was awesome and all of the side salads and kimchi had nice flavors. Our waiter was super friendly and kept the table full and a fresh grill was never far away. We ended up here again the following night and had a great time again!!!

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed January 6, 2015

YakiniQ is a fun, fun Korean Barbecue in San Francisco's Japantown. It is extremely popular with locals and you will wait in line to get in. We showed up slightly after 5:00 p.m. on a Tuesday (it opens for dinner at 5:00 p.m.) and got right in. But when we left at 6:30 the line was out in the street. Warning - it is loud inside with folks laughing, talking & eating and surrounded by Korean pop dancing videos and loud music. If you haven't been to a Korean barbecue, you've got to try it. There is a central grill in the middle of the table and you order a number of finely sliced meats to barbecue by yourself. Or better yet, designate someone who wants the task. There is always someone who wants the task or you can share it around. You also get a number of plates of Korean delicacies and other than Kimchi I have no idea what the others are. But that's part of the fun. It's tasty, filling and spicy. The air is filled with the garlicy smoke of the grilling meats and it will saturate your clothes. I would stay away from crowded indoor places for a short while after eating. It is one of our favorite places to eat when in San Francisco with folks who want to try something different.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed December 24, 2014

Not only did they refuse to seat me due to their "no single diners" policy, but, oddly, they had a large picnic table which had lots of openings and at which one would not take up a whole table, since it was group seating anyway. In fact, some of the open spots at the group table would have been impossible for a couple to fill. Oddly, it is the only restaurant in the world that ever overtly turned me down strictly for my demographic status. I got a good look inside, and it was looking like mostly young, successful couples. This place is just one more example of what's wrong with San Francisco.

Date of visit: December 2014
2  Thank Mel C

Been to YakiniQ BBQ? Share your experiences!