TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Japantown
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My family has a ritual to find a Korean restaurant at every vacation so we decided on YakiniQ in SF since we never tried all you can eat Korean and the rating from Yelps was fairly good.

Firstly, they really need to change the carpet or get rid of them as darker soiled carpet does not leave a good first impression. However, the layout and the BBQ set up at the table was good and we did not have a problem with the ventilation that others complained about.

For $20, we thought the food was decent and came out in right proportions. The condiments were not something you would write home about but people don't go there for that. The waitresses and waiters were very friendly and attentive. It was a nice touch to replace the cooking plates on a regular basis to avoid charcoal build up on the meat. Keeping in mind that we came during off-peak time at 5:00 so there were still some empty tables. I could see the place getting busier after 6:30.

It was also a nice touch to have rice wraps as part of the price as we were at a Korean restaurant in NYC and they surcharge for rice wraps and when we were there, they ran out. We recommend anyone looking for Korean meat feet to try YakiniQ.

Tip: you can make reservations but you will have to call at least a day in advance since they open at 5:00 and their phone runs out of memory so you cannot make a reservation on the same day.

Date of visit: July 2014
Write a reviewReviews (50)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Price list, two options: $19.99 or $24.99. Eating time, two options, before 6PM or after 9PM (or up to 2 hours wait in between). Taste, one option only: great.

I wish they offer more drink varieties. Get ready to eat in a very loud and exciting environment. Service is excellent.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed February 4, 2014

A fun all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ place to go with friends or family. You get to select from a list of meats that you cook on the grill at your table. Some of our favs are brisket & short ribs. We've never tried pork neck until we had it here. It melts in your mouth. All of the dishes were equally tasty. Only negative was the limit on short ribs. We'll be back when we need a good dose of Korean BBQ.

Date of visit: November 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Across Post St. From the Kabuki hotel. Casual. Mix of good quality Oriental and Occidental pastry, beverage and other fare. Casual, unpretentious, comfortable, pleasant ambience. Quiet, Well-lit. Good for sitting at the your laptop. Careful, pleasant service. I liked it

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First time I had ever been in a Korean-inspired cafe before! One of the few spots in J-Town to sit down for coffee and cake. Correction: Good coffee and cake.

Walking in, you have a counter to your right and seating along the side and in the back. There is free WiFi and the atmosphere is like being in your living room if you have an open air space and like IKEA + vintage records + artwork. There is a large-ish conference table for groups as well as a sofa and other comfy seating.

The sweet potato latte was recommended and although I don't recall the price, one small latte + one small Americano + one slice of coffee cake = about $10. So, a little on the higher side, but worth it. I'd never tried a sweet potato latte before -- it reminded me of a pumpkin latte, but I did get pieces of sweet potato in my drink! Hey may as well have some Vitamin A with your caffeine!

They also have ice cream (I was tempted to get the black sesame but refrained myself), shave ice, and other dessert-y items. The cake was fresh, full of walnuts and topped with a crumb crust.

You can't miss this place with it's wooden facade and cutesy handwriting. Am stopping by again!

Date of visit: February 2013

Been to YakiniQ BBQ? Share your experiences!