“Great for weekend brunch”
Review of MarketBar

MarketBar
Reserve with OpenTable
MarketBar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #501 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: The Embarcadero
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: BART & MUNI
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Ideal place to sit in outside seating area for weekend brunch on a sunny day watching the world (and the trams) go by. On Saturdays (and Tuesdays) there is also the farmer's market. I had pancakes with bacon, fresh orange juice and coffee. Pleasant and attentive staff. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was really going to eat at Boulevard, and I did. But, after walking up and down the Embarcadero, I still had an hour to kill before a nearby meeting scheduled for 6 p.m. So I sat down at an outside table, ordered a call-brand Martini, and chose also the salmon bruschetta.

The ambience outside cannot be beat. View of the Embarcadero, the passersby, the streetcars improbably emerging out of an alley, and the Bay Bridge. The service was, if not perfect, certainly very good. And the salmon bruschetta was about 100 times better than I expected. "Hobbs" salmon, a little cream cheese, on toasted bread (I think I rejected the "walnut bread" on the menu, hating walnuts). With, on top, little flavors of what I think was pickled watermelon rind -- whatever it was, it was perfect. The martini? poorly made because way too watery. Had I been at the bar, I would have insisted on a remake. But I was delighted all the same, and lingered with great pleasure until it was time for my meeting.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

As long as that's what you're there for then this place us fine. It was a little strange that the outdoor seating was simply "just look for a table that opens up". So it was basically every man, woman and child for themselves. The food was decent though a little pricey. The service was pretty good. But we were definitely in the minority as far as eating a meal. I'd say 80-90% of the people there were simply having drinks. That's not a bad thing, I'm just guessing that this is not really a popular destination for food.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Farmer's Market is a great (albeit very crowded) experience. The breakfast selection was good, the ingredients were fresh and nicely prepared. I'd go back.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

What more could you ask for on a gorgeous sunny summer day? Bay breezes, good food, good service. One of the best burgers I ever had!