“Just right!”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Description: Though primarily founded during the Gold Rush, San Francisco really made a name for itself in the turbulent 60's. Political protests, the infamous "summer of love" and of course, the ground-breaking music scene all marked San Francisco as an important and pivotal locale for culture. And take it from us—this city with a past still makes the scene, today. Whether we're talking foot-stomping live music or another 6.5 on the Richter, San Francisco truly rocks! Back in the day hippies used to congregate at Haight-Ashbury, but these days the rockinest spot is the Hard Rock Cafe San Francisco. Where else can you eat the tastiest burger in town, trippin' out on groovy rock artifacts and treasures, while jamming to the most outta sight tunes? Our mind-blowing memorabilia collection featuring great locals is far out, man! Grateful Dead, Faith No More, Jefferson Airplane, Journey, Santana, Sly and the Family Stone, Vince Guaraldi… these are just a few of the local bands that made it big. Now you can get in on big action yourself with the Cafe that's rocking San Francisco! Here at Pier 39 we've got fab views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, the San Francisco Bay, and the City skyline, not to mention more than 110 stores, 11 full-service restaurants, and numerous fun-filled attractions. You can find the 45-acre, Pier 39 complex two blocks east of Fisherman's Wharf at Beach Street and The Embarcadero. So if you're going to San Francisco, be sure to stop by the Hard Rock Cafe.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a cold couple of hours on top of a tour bus, the Hard Rock had the perfect fix: a Jameson's Irish coffee and an appetizer sampler. Just the right restorative!

Our server, Ernie was attentive, helpful, and funny. The manager even stopped by for some feedback on their coffee drink experiment. I told him that, with the San Francisco climate, Irish coffee could be a real winner.

Bottom line: we were warmed, body and soul, by our stop at Pier 39 Hard Rock Cafe.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Unfortunately the food was a big dissapointmet and imn our 10 day trip to SF & Vegas this was the most expensive yet worse meal we had - Margaritaville was better in terms of atmosphere and Value for m,oey as well as service and the Burgers @ McDonalds were moister and tastier

The only thing going for HRC was the name - Sorry very poor

1  Thank DDTakinItEasy
HardRockSF, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hi DD,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would also like to apologize for not delivering our commitment to a Rock Star Experience to you on your last visit. I would love to discuss this further in an attempt to win back your trust and patronage. My email address is sanfrancisco_gm@hardrock.com and my phone number is 415-956-2013. I look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, Barry Cales GM Hard Rock Cafe SF

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My family took the night tour of Alcatraz (The Rock) arriving back to Pier 33 at about 9:00pm. Tired and hungry we were surprised to find that a lot of food places were already closed. Thankfully the Hard Rock Cafe near Fisherman's Wharf was open and welcoming.
We were given a comfortable booth and were served quickly and well. Food at Hard Rock's is generally quite good but this was exceptional. Between us we eat ribs, pulled pork, Cajun Chicken salad and a burger. Every meal was great. Even with a few real cocktails and alcohol free cocktails the cost was very reasonable.
After the meal we walked to Fisherman's Wharf just as the shops were closing and the seals were settling in for a noisy night sleep. A great evening!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We live near a Hard rock in Manchester UK But being in the States we decided to pop in and eat... We ended up Drinking at the Bar all night fantastic service and brilliant food!

The waitress was a bit grumpy.... But the Bar tendors made up for all of that!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'm a big fan of Hard Rocks normally but was a bit disappointed following our recent visit to the restaurant at Fisherman's Warf. The service was ok but the food was not so good. The chicken we had as part of a combo was not cooked. When we told the staff they asked if we wanted another, but we were almost full up at that point. I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't remove it from the platter, but they did knock about $3 off our bill. If it had been my restaurant, the customer would have had a bit more than that knocked off their bill.
This restaurant was definitely not up to the standards I've become used to at other HR's around the world.

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for you comments. I would love to discuss this further in attempt to win back your trust and patronage. I apologize for not taking care of you while you were here. My email is sanfrancisco_gm@hardrock.com or my phone is 415-956-2013. I look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, Barry Cales, GM , Hard Rock Cafe SF