“Very good”
Review of Borobudur

Borobudur
Reserve with OpenTable
Borobudur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #373 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jones Street
Description: Come experience home style Indonesian cooking featuring a variety of flavors from across the islands. Indonesia is located at the crossroads of the ancient world, astride the great trade routes between the Middle East and Asia. Wave after wave of traders, adventurers, pirates, and immigrants have been drawn by the riches of these Spice Islands. All brought their native cuisine with them. When you come to Borobudur Restaurant, you can find various authentic Indonesian cuisine including tropical drinks from many different regions. Known as San Francisco’s most popular Indonesian restaurant. Asian Week had it right when they said we serve the best Indonesian food in the Bay Area!
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Very good”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food was really good and was pretty authentic in general. I lived in Indonesia for some time and really enjoyed the street food there. When I saw an Indonesian restaurant, I was expecting the food to be presented as it would be in Indonesia. I was dissapointed when my Siomay Bandung did not look like the way I remembered it, but no fret, the taste was excellent.

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Lawrence, Kansas
“Started off wondering”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

When we walked into the restaurant at nearly 7 p.m., we wondered if we had made a mistake. The restaurant was completely empty of customers. In fact, we were there at least 10 minutes before any other customers walked in. But by the time we left, another 30-35 customers had entered. And, if they are like us, they will not be disappointed. The service was quite friendly and informative, even after they became busy. And the food was extremely plentiful and well prepared. The wife and I walked out of there completely satisfied for less than $25.

• Visited July 2013
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Excellent food, very friendly”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came into this restaurant late at night, (20 mins before closing), hungry and tired after finally getting settled into our hotel. Although it was so late, I felt we got the prime time service, which being tired and hungry, we really appreciated. The servers were very pleasant, and even, politely laughed at our bad jokes, and, even at this hour, the food was very good. We had never eaten at an Indonesian restaurant before (which has much to do with why we chose this one), and took some time with the menu. Even at this time, the servers were very pleasant and helpful. The food was fresh and delicious. We were very pleased with our experience.

• Visited June 2013
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

What can I say, my husbands family is from Indonesia and this food was spot on. Excellent sized servings, tasty and fresh food and good service. Don't miss out

Visited July 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Enjoyable meal in an unpretentious setting. Very reasonably priced. I had a noodle dish with chicken and vegetables that I kept eating way past the point that I was full. Very reasonably priced.

Visited June 2013