“Decent vegan food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I ate with great pleasure here. The tempeh burrito was fine. However for me they have a great deal of tofu, tempeh and seitan in their menu. I would prefer a bit more veggies like they do it in the Cafe Gratitude and abit less gluten products. It would be easy to use a corn wrap instead of a wheat wrap for the tortilla. I liked the green pressed juice very much.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Perfectly situated in the Mission area, this restaurant offered the best vegan breakfast in SF by far. The selection of breakfast foods is excellent and the smoothies are the bester we've ever had. A must for any vegan in SF.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We came across this place as we were walking along the street searching for somewhere to eat. As a vegetarian and health freak I was delighted to come across the Herbivore! We were given a table straight away, food arrived quickly and the service was great. The food was delicious and great value, would definitely recommend. We walked from Castro muni station.

1  Thank LFKK000
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I love this place and have never been disappointed with the meals I get here. Every time I've visited San Fran, I make sure to get here as fast as possible and get my fix. This visit I got the ginger

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am not a vegetarian, but I have many vegetarian friends so I have sampled my share of vegetarian dishes. I must say that Herbivore menu is the best so far.

The restaurant is a bit dark, but very casual. I felt comfortable there because it wasn't too loud, the area was clean, and there weren't that many people. I visited the restaurant with several friends, and we ended up ordering two or three different items from the menu to share so that I could sample their menu. Although I unfortunately could not name them now, all the dishes we ordered were fantastic.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place to anyone, and not just vegetarians. I will definitely look for an opportunity to return.

On top of traveling for business, I am a casual runner, I travel to different cities to run half-marathons and other running events. Although I like to indulge myself with exquisite food from high-end restaurants occasionally, I am typically more interested in those "hole-in-the-wall" joints. Hopefully some of you can relate to my attitude towards travel knowing this.