“My favourite place to eat in San Francisco”
Review of Sakana

Sakana
Ranked #337 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Its small, it looks a bit rough the first time you go in, but it’s awesome. They are clean, great food, and super service. The fish is very good quantity and the guys really know their stuff. Their miso is really nice, the beef tataki is simply the best anywhere. They are open till late and the staff is super friendly. I travel a lot and visit SF a few times a year, and eat here every time I can. Outside Japan this is my favourite Sushi restaurant.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had takeaway dinner from here because the place was packed with people and reservations - popular is a good sign! And true! The takeaway service was quick, the cost was cheap (two meals for $22), and the food yummy!! I had the miso soup, and salmon nigiri (succulent and mouth watering) and my partner had tempura udon noodle soup which he loved, except for burning his tongue cos it was piping hot! My only complaint? I wish I'd ordered more!

1  Thank LyssM
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Sakana is clearly a local place with most of the people coming in repeat customers. And this is not a surprise. Good food and reasonably priced i a good location. The fish is fresh and everything is prepared well. Decor is really non-existent, but if one wants really good sushi and sashimi, this is well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Delicious! Sushi so fresh. Hotel recommended us, and we could have not been happier. Price was right. We're on a vacation with limited time and yet think we'll be back before we leave.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice little spot near union square. Sushi was delicious. You can taste the freshness. If you don't want to sit in the sushi bar make sure to make a reservation. Very reasonable prices.