“Very good dim sum”

City View Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 5,860 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Place is on a quiet road just about 5 minutes from Hilton financial district. Most times they are full. Servers pass around with carts of dim sum. I enjoyed the baked pork buns. Well I suppose you can't go wrong with anything that has pork in it... Watch out for the tea, it's a charge for the pot. Place was clean and everything tasted good. Will go back..

Reviewed June 26, 2013

....... and it is even reasonably good! I could not try a lot of dishes since I was alone but the dim sum I had were fair and hot! Go there at least in three persons if you want to try a variety of goodies!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is what I call the Chinese American restaurant.
We were there for dim sum and the service was poor. We have all this empty dishes and no one came around to see if we want anything special. They did not have a big selection on their dim sum. I need to find a better place.
And worst of all, it was expensive and they charge for tea.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at a lot of dim sum resteraunts and this ranks as one of the best. The stuffed crab claws are a must. The shanghai dumplings should be avoided.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my first visit to Chinatown and the first time I had ever had dim sum. I went with my family of 5 and we all found things that we really enjoyed.
The food was all very fresh and very tasty.
The service was very fast - perhaps too much food too quickly for my preference - perhaps that is the way all dim sum is served?
A very good experience and very good food.