“fun!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Financial District
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed September 21, 2013

we unpacked and went looking for lunch. came upon this street that was barricaded and tables and chairs in the street. people eating and the food looked good and we were hungry. did we luck out! the cook has been here for 35 years! the street is closed off from 11:00-3:00 and a number of restaurants have their patrons spill out onto the street to eat in the sunshine and fresh air, fun! we had the fajitas marisco and the tacos pescado, washed down with a couple of dos xx, all great! a super way to start our holiday!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a Going away cocktail hour at Merdeces Hair of the Dog cantina, great little place that is on a side street in China Town. It is set off the main drag so may not be easily stumbled upon if you don't walk down the street. Great open atmosphere, and bright and colorful decor. Since they are only open for lunch and this was an afternoon/evening event, we had the whole place to ourselves. Let me just say that the service was amazing, two women who I wish I knew their names were walking around and making sure no one was without a drink. They even walked around with some appetizers. I only had a beer and some chips and guac, but the guac was awesome with big chunks of tomato's and a creamy texture. Chips were also great! Overall I love this little place and bet their food is amazing too. Stop by for lunch when in the FiDi or China Town!

Reviewed November 23, 2008

This is a quietly hidden, gem in San Francisco. Dining out is available on warm days. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The owner, Leanna greeted us as we arrived and made some great recommendations from the menu.
I had a fish taco but she also recommended the potato taco (she recognized my irish side). It was fabulous, next time potato taco all the way. Stop and enjoy yourself.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Good mexican food with really quick service!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook