“Excellent first & second visit”

Sanraku Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 5,769 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The front desk person at our favorite hotel, The Andrews on Post, recommended we try this restaruant one block away on Sutter. The place was very busy on both Tuesday and Thursday wen we arrived at around 7:00PM. Busy enough that both nightsd it was about a 20 - 30 minute wait. I suggest you make a reservation. My partner ordered the same both evenings, beef teriyaki, whereas I ordered something different each evening. My salmon teriyaki was excellent although I could have had a little less horseradish or other spice in the sushi that accompanied the entree the first evening. I ordered sesame chicken, and no sush the second time. It was excellent and nowhere near what one finds at their usual Chinese buffet. I also sampled my partner's beef teriyaki the second evening and have to gie it a thumbs up also. If you are in San FRancisco and are riding the cable cars then get off at Sutter, turn right on Sutter and walk two blocks to an excellent Japanese restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Sanraku Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Been here several times and the service is superb and sushi excellent. Not flashy, but solid, extremely good fish!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very fresh sushi that one can count on being consistent. You won't find the thousand types of maki rolls here but you will find enough variety to keep you coming back for your staple. For those who don't want rice, there is sashimi salad, which i found to be a real treat. I also like the sautéed and flavored spinach. Staff is very professional, calm and polite. Very happy that my concierge had pointed me here

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I arrived pretty early - 6 pm and the restaurant was quite busy already. Excellent service with delicious sushi, not cheap but worth the visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am puzzled to see that this restaurant is so popular on Trip Advisor. I ate there earlier this week while visiting San Francisco, and found the whole experience to be pretty forgettable. The selection of rolls was on the boring side, the edamame were ice cold and plain (I tried to ask the waitress if they were supposed to be served this way, since I have always had them warm with salt, but she was very brusque and dismissive), and the actually pieces of sushi were quite tiny. The salmon was delicious, but otherwise I found this place on par with most fast-food sushi.

1  Thank ana51