“Unique dining and entertainment in high energy atmosphere”
Review of AsiaSF

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Howard
Transit: Muni or Bart: You can take BART or MUNI to AsiaSF by getting off at Civic Center Station. Walk up Market Street to 9th Street, turn left and walk 2 blocks to Howard Street. The restaurant is on the corner of 9th and Howard. Or - You can take the F Line classic streetcars up Market Street and get off at 9th Street. Then walk 2 blocks south on 9th
Reviewed April 11, 2017

If you are looking for a really FUN and crazy evening with a great Asian food experience, this is your place! Since we had a birthday group of 7, we qualified for the
14 delux food package. Everything from caviar and champagne to salmon, lamb and filet mignon with 3 desserts. Food was excellent! And the entertainment was fabulous! The girls sure know how to keep the high energy going! Our Sat evening event was at 5Pm as the evening was SOLD OUT !
Don't miss this very unique experience. ONLY IN SF !

Date of visit: April 2017
Write a reviewReviews (195)

Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

AsiaSF has always been a good place to take visitors to the city, but I hadn't been there for a decade, until last Saturday evening, when 4 of us caught the early show. More than half of the crowd were large groups, bachelorette or birthday parties, loud and at least a bit drunk even at the beginning.

The 3 course menu has lots of interesting-looking choices. One of us has a severe peanut allergy, but after consultation with the wait staff, we were assured that the salad would be free of peanut oil. It wasn't. A replacement was fine but arrived 20 mins later. One of our main courses arrived very late as well, when the other 3 of us had finished eating, and one of the desserts arrived as we were paying the bill. It would be nice to report that the food was good when it arrived, but that would be an exaggeration. A couple of choices were OK and the rest were pretty bad. Anyone who says differently was either too drunk to notice or totally enraptured by the show.

The show? Three girls lip-syncing 2 songs each, with lots of enthusiasm, and yes, they look lovely, and are friendly, but unless transvestites are totally novel to you, nothing exceptional.

So I don't think I will bring friends from out-of-town here any more. Maybe with a large group, if we just want to drink, and don't care about the food.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

We are visiting San Francisco for my wife's birthday and she told me she made reservations for a dinner show. Well I'm sitting at our table between performances writing this review because I just had the most incredible meal and yes the "surprise" of female impersonators just makes the whole evening even better. Great talent, great food, great atmosphere, DO NOT MISS THIS GREAT PLACE! Special shout out to Simone for serving my Birthday Girl a SPECIAL SHOT!
Thank you babe for a great evening together!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 3, 2017

This place seems to be a bit of everything. Bar, restaurant, transgender dance show, and nightclub. The drinks were good and the bartenders were great. Everything else wasn't really to my taste but I can see why others like it

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 24, 2017

I have been hearing about AsiaSF since I moved to San Francisco so when our friends were visiting from New York, I saw a perfect opportunity.

We made reservations a week before and got an email saying that if those reservations were canceled less than 48 hours before the show, we would be charged $35 for each person. The policy is a little bit harsher than I expected for a Wednesday night, but it's also not entirely unfair.

When we arrived at AsiaSF we were greeted by three lovely ladies who were extremely friendly and personable; they led us to our table and explained how the menu and experience was set up. Good thing to note--the website says you will have to have a prix fixe three-course menu, but this is actually not the case. You can also order a la carte if you are a party of 5 or less and if you are not there on a Friday or Saturday. Both of those applied to us so we ordered some small plates and a dessert along with drinks.

When our server walked away from us she said that the show would beginning in 15-20 minutes. Awesome! We were excited to finally see this great show and have a good time. An hour later, there was still no show. We had spent the entire day walking around seeing city sights, so needless to say we were exhausted and did not plan to be out late into the night, so the delay was definitely a bit frustrating. What's more, nobody really announced anything about the show being late or why that was the case.

So we focused on our food instead. Unfortunately, this too was very lackluster. Our orange tofu was EXTREMELY bitter almost to the point of being inedible. My friend's soba noodles were very watery for some reason and had very little flavor. When we got our chocolate cake, that was also terribly bitter and had a strange spiciness to it. Even those of us that are fans of dark chocolate could not finish it. The fruity drinks, however were pretty delicious.

Just when we were about ready to call it a night, the show began. I was expecting a full hour-long show with multiple performances. Sadly, this was not the case. There were three songs performed by three different performers--this took about fifteen min and then the "show" was over. When our server, who was also one of the performers, came by to check on us she said that there would be another set. And true enough, a half an hour later, there were another three songs performed. That's it. We spent over an hour waiting around for a half hour show.

To be fair, the actual performances were fun! No one was an exceptional lip syncer, but they had a great energy, awesome showmanship and the outfits were fantastic. I just wish there was a lot more of that.

The girls at AsiaSF are fantastic--their energy and attitude are so fun and the service is really fantastic.

Maybe if you come knowing what to expect, you'll be less disappointed--this is basically a restaurant that also has a little drag side show. You may have better luck with the food, or better yet, stick to the drinks and bring your out of town friends for a novelty experience.

Date of visit: February 2017