“What a wonderful find in the neighborhood by someone who swore off mexican food”
Review of Roosevelt Tamale Parlor - CLOSED

Roosevelt Tamale Parlor
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Mission District
Description: We are continuing an amazing century-long San Francisco tradition while bringing you inventive, Mexican-inspired comfort food. All of our food is prepared for you in house, with only the finest ingredients. Please enjoy all of your favorite traditional dishes and also explore the new ways in which we are imagining Mexican cuisine. It is our pleasure to have created an atmosphere for you in which to relax and enjoy great food! Buena Saludi!
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were attending the Bava Theatre Eddie Izzard concert last weekend and decided to eat in the neighborhood before the concert and which led us to this wonderful little restaurant. I swore off mexican food a year ago as heavy and unhealthy. But Roosevelt Tamale Parlor convinced me you can prepare it in a healthy way to enjoy true mexican flavors. Wow was it good. We had the two varieties of pork dishes with the refried beans and rice. Their Guacamole apptz was excellent. Live music on our night which was a bit loud as the place is small but pleasant. We live in the burbs which means I will not be back anytime soon but you can be assured I will go back.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

If you are touring around the Mission district, I would be sure to stop at Roosevelt's. It's comfortable, affordable, delicious and fun. The mole sauce is amazing, and the neighborhood is very culturally diverse with a fascinating history.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Renovated in 2005 by owner, Hector Flores, this Mexican restaurant is a 24th Street institution. Go hungry - the servings are large and filling. The menu is extensive, with all the usual Mexican offerings and combo plates as well as single offerings. They even have a vegetarian menu.

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Located on popular. 24th street this little place will not disappointed you. Whereas I enjoy the chicken tamale these is lots of other choices. A rare find an affordable great Mexican restaurant in the Mission!
If you have room head to the corner to St Francis Creamery for something sweet.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Have to recommend the squash tamale with tomatillo sauce. Best I've ever had. The black bean tamale with red sauce was very complex--tasty, just not my favorite. I really appreciated that they had non-meat filling options (although I can't guarantee it's truly vegetarian). There are lots of taquerias on 24th but this one was recommended to me by another shop vendor and he was right!