“Great recommendation”

Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Ellis St.
Transit: BART, MUNI, Streetcar, Cable car - Powell Station
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The food is very fresh...I sat at the bar as there was not a table available. However it was the perfect location. I had the opportunity to watch my food being prepared with precision and flare. It was worth the visit.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This 2nd Floor Japanese restaurant was fairly good for sushi and offered a good atmosphere as well. One of our customers took us here for dinner after an exhibition at the Moscone Center. There was a relatively large group and they did a good job accommodating us. The service was decent though not great during our dinner. We ordered a plate of sushi and a plate sashimi as well. Both were pretty good though not outstanding. The atmosphere of the restaurant was relatively nice so the meal was enjoyable. The prices were a tad high for what we got in my opinion (I say this even though we were not paying for it). In general, while this place was reasonably good, with the number of terrific dining options in SF, I probably would not go back.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Hubby and I made a regular stop here in the years we made our annual trek to SF. After 6 years absence, we returned to find things exactly as we had left them, only time had taken the patina and sparkle off the ambience. Needs sprucing. Martini scallops no longer served in a martini glass with the long curly tendrils of carrots that evoked elegance. Instead now served in a diner style ice cream/dessert cup. The adductor muscle had not been removed on the scallops. Yakitori bar was a long wait but worth it. Salmon wrapped in bacon on a stick was perfection and the asparagus tower impressive and relish. They didn't skimp on the edamame beans either. They even had Sapporo beer on stop, which was filled to perfection. We will be back, but if they slip anymore, it will be the last time.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We visited on a Sunday night. The place was quite slow which we expected, but the Sushi was amazing and so was the service.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My sister and I went here when she was in town. The waitress took forever before we could order. The sushi tasted so-so. Nothing to impress, one of the rolls in fact tasted a little off and made me nervous. The price is what I couldnt believe, for two of us, three roles total is was over 75 dollars, and we had no alcohol. Based on the quality of the fish itself there is no way I would return.