“Diner Chic in the Mission District”
Review of Luna Park

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 18th Street
Fort Worth, Texas
“Diner Chic in the Mission District”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were given a recommendation for Luna Park as it was not far from our vacation flat in the Mission District. It looked cool from the outside and were excited to see what kind of offerings were on display. It promised reasonably priced food with a bit of panache. The food was delicious – we both began with salads (my wife had arugula while I had a salad with fava beans, avocado, peas and cheese). Afterwards, my wife went with ricotta and mint ravioli with mushrooms, tomatoes and peas while I had a burger with blue cheese and some of the best fries I’ve had. This is not a large place and while there was no line at the time we arrived, I can see where a line would be long during peak hours. This is a tasty spot, a little more money than you might expect but the food is worth it.

Visited July 2013

Eugene, Oregon
“Cozy Cafe in Mission District”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Cute little cafe/restaurant in Mission district. Food was very good, but a bit overpriced for the portions and a beer for $6 a pint is a bit steep. The service as average, dessert was wonderful!

Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas
“Loud, but very enjoyable food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is another bustling neighborhood place in the heart of the Mission District. It was very busy on a Thursday night at 9 and we made reservations--I do not know if we would have gotten in otherwise. The moules frites were outstanding and could basically have been a meal itself. My husband ordered the lamb shank as an entree while I got the vegetable risotto, and we were really pleased with both. Even though this was already way more food than we needed, we forged ahead and each got dessert--creme brulee and a brownie sundae with beer butter ice cream and salted caramel. We couldn't finish this but we certainly tried to. The cocktails were also good, although we didn't explore that menu much--we both got the Bloodhound Buck, basically a Moscow Mule with bourbon instead of vodka, and some St. Germaine. Again, excellent. Finally, service was friendly.

Visited May 2013
UK
“Good Brunch Spot”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Endless mimosas, fun well flavoured food and good service. Really worth going to at the weekend for brunch, just make sure you book in advance.

Visited May 2013
Loyalton, California, USA
“Good food & drink in casual Mission District atmosphere”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Mission District is full of good food, but a discount took me to Luna Park, where I would gladly pay full price. I appreciated the vegetarian selections, like the giant portobella mushroom burger I devoured. The salad was full of a variety of lettuces, and y friend's fries were crisp and deliscious. My Bloody Mary had just the right amount of spicy kick. Our waitress was attentive without being obtrusive. The music was at a perfect volume. All made for a wonderful lunch!

Visited March 2013