“Dim Sum Delicious!!”

Yank Sing - Stevenson St.
Ranked #171 of 5,939 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We tried for the first time Dim Sum. Several people referred us to Yank Sing. There was a line of about 10 people for lunch. We got a table within 4-5 minutes which we thought was fast because they were busy. We ordered tea and then the food came by our table by food carts so we chose what we wanted and when we weren't sure the waitress told us what the food was. We chose green beans, honey-ginger seabass:), baked bbq buns and sticky rice. Everything was very delicious! We even had fun using the chop sticks!!

2  Thank TCWatson

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We tried their lunch dimsum. The waiting was long and the food was tasty. There were no price lists, so got a sticker shock when I saw the bill. The cheapest steamed dumplings were around $8. We enjoyed the dimsum experience, but will not be going back.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Dim sum does not get any better than this. And great service - you just name what you want and BAM there it is. (Bring lots of $ - not cheap). If you are a dim sum enthusiast, this is a MUST. The only Micheline rated dim sum I know of.

2  Thank Scharfster
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We there for lunch on a Saturday. The place was packed, long lines of pepile waiting for tables, noicy and full og the smell coming from the trolleys driving around the restaurant full a wide selection of authentic Dim Sum.

This may not be to everyones taste as it is somewhat chaotic but that is how w Dim Sum serving should be. Some may also find it strange that there are no menus but that is how i should be too- ask for whatever you think look good if you do not know what the different Dim Sums are called.

I will return to Yank Sing as soon as I can. Maybe it would be a good idea to go on a weekday if you have never tried ab authentic Dim Sum serving. It is usually far less cowded and the chaos is less.

1  Thank DenmarkDanes
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was my husband who wanted to eat here, but I was a bit skeptical because I heard from some people that the place was a bit overpriced. Anyway, we had a lunch here and it was great!

What was very nice in Yank Sing was that the service was fast (just like a good dim sum restaurant should do) and there were good variety of dishes. Concerning the price, it was not bad at all. We paid 90$ for 4 of us.

Here are the ones I recommend: Potsticker,BBQ pork bun, Shanghai Kurobuta Pork dumpling(delicious!), Shrimp dumpling...I have to go back there again!

1  Thank Louloulechat