“Dim Sum star”

Yank Sing - Stevenson St.
Ranked #90 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Montreal, Canada
“Dim Sum star”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Dim sum does not get any better than this. And great service - you just name what you want and BAM there it is. (Bring lots of $ - not cheap). If you are a dim sum enthusiast, this is a MUST. The only Micheline rated dim sum I know of.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Scharfster

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Denmark
“Top quality Dim Sum - atmophere like in Hong Kong”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We there for lunch on a Saturday. The place was packed, long lines of pepile waiting for tables, noicy and full og the smell coming from the trolleys driving around the restaurant full a wide selection of authentic Dim Sum.

This may not be to everyones taste as it is somewhat chaotic but that is how w Dim Sum serving should be. Some may also find it strange that there are no menus but that is how i should be too- ask for whatever you think look good if you do not know what the different Dim Sums are called.

I will return to Yank Sing as soon as I can. Maybe it would be a good idea to go on a weekday if you have never tried ab authentic Dim Sum serving. It is usually far less cowded and the chaos is less.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DenmarkDanes
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Dim Sum!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was my husband who wanted to eat here, but I was a bit skeptical because I heard from some people that the place was a bit overpriced. Anyway, we had a lunch here and it was great!

What was very nice in Yank Sing was that the service was fast (just like a good dim sum restaurant should do) and there were good variety of dishes. Concerning the price, it was not bad at all. We paid 90$ for 4 of us.

Here are the ones I recommend: Potsticker,BBQ pork bun, Shanghai Kurobuta Pork dumpling(delicious!), Shrimp dumpling...I have to go back there again!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Louloulechat
Martinez, California
“Too Noisy & too expensive”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've read the reviews and heard from my friends about this place being the best dim sum in the Bay Area. I was so excited to go and made reservations at noon on a Sunday. We were on time but still had a 20 minute wait. The place was extremely crowded and very noisy. They sat us at a table for 2 that was so small it barely fit the small plates with condiments. They were slow to take the used plates away. The server's were rushed and it was hard to hear them explain the dish over the noise. I thought most of the dishes were good but none great and we tried 8 different ones. The prices are high and most servers don't know the prices. They seat people out side the restaurant too so there is no relief from the noise. If you know exactly your favorite dishes and only get those it might be worth it to take out. Otherwise I have had better service, prices and ambiance in Oakland.

• Visited October 2013
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Chinese Urban Setting ind Landmark Location”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went Saturday for lunch and stayed for two hours Very busy and efficient setting with excellent,friendly help. Various dishes to satisfy all tastes and explanation given when requested the duck and fish were expertly done and delicious .several dessert choices and great teas.

Visited October 2013