“Chinese Urban Setting ind Landmark Location”

Yank Sing - Stevenson St.
Ranked #98 of 5,866 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went Saturday for lunch and stayed for two hours Very busy and efficient setting with excellent,friendly help. Various dishes to satisfy all tastes and explanation given when requested the duck and fish were expertly done and delicious .several dessert choices and great teas.

1  Thank JuanFra G

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visit San Francisco every year or two and we eat at least once at Yank Sing when we are there. This is one of the highlights of our trips to San Francisco. I have eaten dim sum in New York and other cities, but this restaurant has the best food and a very nice setting. I have recommended the restaurant to all our friends and we are looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank georgepick
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Dim Sum extraordinaire. Everthing will look and taste great, so be careful how you choose. It is easy to drop a lot of money.

1  Thank Lora B
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We managed to get to Yank Sing for Sunday lunch when in San Francisco for a few days and had some of the best Dim Sum we have ever had (not that we are highly experienced with this style of eating, and not at all in its homeland of China).
The food kept coming and tempting us - it really is a genre that requires a group as we were only able to try six of them. All I can say is that everything we saw but didn't have looked similarly good.
Will certainly go back - hopefully in a group - next time we are in San Francisco and hungry for a good lunch!

1  Thank WaWaWill
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went on a Sunday. Called ahead the night before and left a message for a reservation. They promptly called me back in the morning and asked when I wanted to come in. When we got there, it was very busy. We only waited about 10 minutes and our table was ready. Well organized place!The dim sum was delicious. It was nice that our waiter spoke English. Even the ladies that brought the carts around could explain what they were serving. That did beat other dim sum restaurants I've been to where I could not communicate with the servers. I would suggest coming with more than two people as we were not able to try all we wanted to try. Just couldn't eat that much. We did enjoy all we ordered though.The egg custard tarts are my favorite!

1  Thank primodonna