“Excellent Dim Sum”

Yank Sing - Stevenson St.
Ranked #71 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: SoMa
California, USA
“Excellent Dim Sum”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were in San Francisco with friends to go to the SF Giants World Series victory parade. After the event we went to Yank Sing, a healthy walk from 5th & Market. I had never been there before but was quite impressed by the variety of food. It was all very good and I couldn't begin to list everything we ate. My favorite was the bacon wrapped shrimp but everything was quite tasty. If there was a way to give a half star, I give this place a solid 4.5. The service was outstanding and beyond efficient. The place isn't cheap but I thought well worth the $$$.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“The Best Dim Sum Ever!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The restaurant is located in Rincon Plaza and was a bit hard to find but once we did, we enjoyed the most wonderful dim sum. The service is efficient and food so yummy. Be sure to order the baked sea bass for a special culinary delight.

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California
“Great Dim Sum, thoroughly recommended”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were recommended to visit the restaurant by a friend of mine from San Francisco, he said to visit the Rincon Cenre but we passed this one while wandering and went in for Sunday brunch. The dim sum trollies were in full flow and the restaurant was packed and buzzing. The food was excellent but we rather wolfed it down being hungry and it passing the table every 30 seconds. The steamed dim sum was better than the fried but we enjoyed every mouthful and will return when we're next in the city.

Seattle
“Always an outstanding favorite”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Whenever I travel to San Francisco, my trip is not complete unless I have a chance to eat at Yank Sing. I was introduced to Yank Sing back in 1992. It has never failed to impress me. The food is always fresh and delicious, nice and hot. The variety of items is incredible. One of my many favorites is the foil wrapped chicken. It has so much flavor. It is simply amazing and a must try if you haven't had it. The food is not overly greasy or heavy. The service is excellent, very efficient and friendly. The servers are helpful. Yes, this is the most expensive dim sum I've eaten, but it's absolutely worth it. When people ask me about San Francisco, I always tell them to come here.

Cedar Rapids
“Great Place!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Some friends introduced us to this restaurant in September 2012. It was crowded and we had to wait a little while for table – always a good sign. The décor was modern with some restrained oriental touches. The staff was efficient and friendly. Service was excellent. The food was superb, beautifully prepared and presented. Be sure to visit with a large group to get the full benefit of the dim sum experience. Highly recommended

• Visited September 2012