“Horrible Customer Service”
Review of Daily Grill

Daily Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Daily Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Powell St.
Transit: Three blocks from the Powell Muni Bart station and the 38 Geary
Description: Conveniently located one block from Union Square near the Westin St. Francis, Daily Grill is a moderately priced steakhouse that features classic American dishes made from scratch. The extensive menu features timeless favorites and unique preparations to suit all tastes while providing unrivaled hospitality and stellar service. In a comfortable, yet upscale environment, Daily Grill serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bar is a favorite stop for Happy Hour seven days a week, from 3pm - 6pm, where craft beer and hand-crafted cocktails are paired with eclectic appetizers. Modeled after the great San Francisco grills of the '30s and '40s, it is an ideal spot to dine or drink while shopping, enjoying a night out or for a great meal before a show.
Denver, CO
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were advised by the Westin St. Francis to try the Daily Grill for lunch. The place was poorly run with very little organization. We had a party of 4 and were told the wait would be 10 - 15 minutes. After 30 minutes and people who arrived after us being seated first we asked when we would be seated. The staff was rude and arrogant. I would never recommend this place.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
NY
“Good Breakfast in Union Square Area”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast the last day in SF and it was very good. We had the pancakes and Spanish Scramble which were both good. The service was friendly but the food took a while. Prices a bit high but it is downtown. Nice inside with lots of classic photos on the wall.

Glen Allen, Virginia
“Very good, but a bit pricey, Eggs Benedict.”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the Handlery Hotel for a business trip and ate breakfast here (which is in the hotel). I thought it would be somewhat busy, but it was pretty empty when I went for breakfast around 7:00 AM on a Thursday. The first thing I noticed was the ambiance, which was quite nice. It feels like you are kind of in a restaurant from the mobster days.

The second thing I noticed is the menu is quite limited in terms of food and drinks. For example, they did not offer milk as a menu item. I ordered a large orange juice and was surprised by how small the large was. For how small it was, it was extremely over-priced.

I decided to order the Eggs Benedict. It was sitting in front of me in no more than 10 minutes. I thought the portion sizes of the Eggs Benedict and the hash browns were reasonably. The Eggs Benedict were very good. The eggs were cooked nicely and it had a nicely flavored Hollandaise sauce. With that said, this is breakfast, and I thought it was a bit over-priced as well.

On a very quick note, the waitress was very nice. Overall, it was a very good breakfast, but it could have been better if the prices were more in line with usual breakfast prices.

“Deserves better reviews”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Since I was a tag a long with my wife to her conference, I was trying to stay close to the hotel. I stopped in here the first time for Happy Hour and was welcomed as a friend. Nice atmosphere and outstanding bar service. The Spinach-Artichoke dip was outstanding. Lots of good drink and appetizer specials for Happy Hour as well.

We came back the next night as we had no reservations an could not get into anywhere else. We sat at the bar for a drink after being told a 45 minute wait. We were seated in 30 minutes. Immediately we were served fresh, hot, sourdough bread which was delicious. My Wife ordered the Blue Cheese Filet with Redskin Spinach Mashers off of the regular menu. The Steak was served a perfect medium topped with fresh Blue Cheese and a demi glaze. The potatoes were piping hot. I ordered a special of Lemon Chicken served with Vegetable Risotto. I could have cut this tender flavorful Chicken with a fork.

Great food and great service!

Visited November 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“disappointing”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have dined at the Daily Grill 6 times over the past 10 years. I was satisfied with my past dining experiences here. Not this time. It is sad when a popular restaurant starts making little changes to the quality they offer. For example I have always enjoyed eating the excellent fresh sour dough bread that used to be served here. What is served now appears to be a brown and serve loaf that is not fresh, nor crispy nor does it have the inner texture of fresh sour dough bread. The calamari which used to be a light breaded and grilled dish with all parts of the calamari included (tenticles) seems to now come straight from a box out of the freezer and consists of uniform, heavily breaded rings. The rest of the meal was nothing to write home about.