“First rate”
Review of Daily Grill

Daily Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Daily Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Powell St.
Transit: Three blocks from the Powell Muni Bart station and the 38 Geary
Description: Conveniently located one block from Union Square near the Westin St. Francis, Daily Grill is a moderately priced steakhouse that features classic American dishes made from scratch. The extensive menu features timeless favorites and unique preparations to suit all tastes while providing unrivaled hospitality and stellar service. In a comfortable, yet upscale environment, Daily Grill serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bar is a favorite stop for Happy Hour seven days a week, from 3pm - 6pm, where craft beer and hand-crafted cocktails are paired with eclectic appetizers. Modeled after the great San Francisco grills of the '30s and '40s, it is an ideal spot to dine or drink while shopping, enjoying a night out or for a great meal before a show.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We had am excellent dinner. Filet and bone in ribeye, artichoke appetizer, my pecan endive salad perfect and the key life pie absolutely the just right.

1  Thank discip1e

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We did not have reservations at 6:15 PM on a Friday night and we only waited about 5 - 10 minutes for a table. We had read other reviews saying the staff was not very friendly and didn't seem to work together very well but that the food was good so we decided to risk it. When we arrived the hostess was obviously having some kind of disagreement with a food server so we were somewhat worried. However, our server, Shane, from Australia, was excellent and could not have done anything better. Since we had never eaten at this restaurant and they have an extensive menu, it took us a while to read it and decide what we wanted. He was very patient. I also asked for no salt to be added to my vegetables and rice and my food was delivered as ordered.

I ordered the Mediterreanean chicken on the "under 600 calories" menu. It came wiith shishkabob of chicken that had been coated in various spices. Unfortunately, the main spice you could taste was salt so I cut off the outside edges, removing the seasoning, and it was tender juicy chicken breast. My dinner also included a delicious brown rice pilaf with toasted almonds and a roasted skewer of vegetables - neither of which was salty and both perfectly cooked. My husband ordered the chicken that is cooked with a brick on it. Surprisingly, his chicken was perfectly seasoned and was delicious. He did remove the skin. He also had the rice pilaf and a sauteed spinach. The portions were quite ample and we did not have room for dessert.

We did not see any other signs of staff discord and our server was very attentive. Ask for Shane if you go!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Met for a breakfast meeting as they were opening at 7 AM (total of 4). Promptly seated, good service, good options for breakfast, and good food. I had the Spanish Scramble which was plentiful. Not cheap ($13.95), but not a cheap town.

Personally, I thought it was a very good option for a breakfast meeting. Tables with space plus attended to us without being rushed. Based upon the number of obvious breakfast meetings around us, I was not the only person with this opinion.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Visited late night on September 27th for dinner. Seated immediately at 8PM. Waitress was friendly and offered specialties made by the restaurant. Fast service and great atmosphere. I would visit again. This place is tied to the Handelry Hotel somehow, they are connected via the lobby. Breakfasts for the hotel are in this restaurant. Overall very good.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Friend loved it, found it ok, great Long Island ice tea, popcorn shrimp nice, chicken pot pie sloppy and tasteless, mac and cheese not good.