“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Review of Daily Grill

Daily Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Daily Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Contemporary, American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Powell St.
Transit: Three blocks from the Powell Muni Bart station and the 38 Geary
Description: Conveniently located one block from Union Square near the Westin St. Francis, Daily Grill is a moderately priced steakhouse that features classic American dishes made from scratch. The extensive menu features timeless favorites and unique preparations to suit all tastes while providing unrivaled hospitality and stellar service. In a comfortable, yet upscale environment, Daily Grill serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bar is a favorite stop for Happy Hour seven days a week, from 3pm - 6pm, where craft beer and hand-crafted cocktails are paired with eclectic appetizers. Modeled after the great San Francisco grills of the '30s and '40s, it is an ideal spot to dine or drink while shopping, enjoying a night out or for a great meal before a show.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have eaten here on two recent trips. Food very good, setting and atmosphere great. Bar really good. There were 9 of us on last trip and the service though friendly was incredibly slow. Waited 25 mins for our first drink so spoilt it a bit, it was Saturday and they were busy but then get more waiting staff. Would go again as food good and has a nice spacious feel inside.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hofheim am Taunus, Germany
“Quantity rather than quality”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a recommendation to try this restaurant when we visited San Francisco. So we tried it for dinner and breakfast just to get the best picture we could.
I guess overall this restaurant is not too bad but not really value for money. Unfortunately it seems to me that american cuisine consists of very varied possibilities, but the concern is that large portions are more important than quality. I would rather see smaller portions for a few cents less
than every second guest going out the door with a doggie bag (does anyone actually do anything with this food?) but this is a generality and not specific to this restaurant.
So, the special that my wife had (meatloaf) was excellent, the starter calamari was also good but too much to eat. I had onion rings as a starter which were abundant but not very good. My main meal was moroccan chicken which was dry, bland and not very warm. I have nothing against vegetables al dente but those on our plates were just washed in warm water.
Two days later we tried breakfast there with our daughter and it was typical american fare, bagels, lox (pretty good) eggs bennedict (my favourite) plus all the other goodies on offer.
Facit: if you want large portions and are not worried about paying for things you are probably not going to eat but do not particularly care too much about the quality or value for money then this is as good as any other "typical" american diner. The atmosphere and ambient is good and the waiting staff also are quite attentive - but I won't go into my feelings about the progression of gratuities over the last few years.

Milford, Connecticut
“Very good lunch near Union Square”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Attending a conference at the Westin St. Francis, I made a quick walk across the street to the Daily Grill for lunch. Sat at a table in the bar area with the hope that I could order quickly, get served, and get back to the conference in an hour. My attentive server Liz got our drinks in a flash and put in an order for calamari. We ordered a main course and everything was delivered as fast as can be. The calamari was quite good (maybe not the best I have ever had, but still very good) as was the Southwest taco salad and the angel hair pasta with chicken meatballs. The portions were reasonable for lunch and tasty. We were in and out in no time. I recommend the Daily Grill for a comfortable and inexpensive lunch in San Francisco.

Huntsville, Texas
“Outstanding Lunch”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and daughter had salads, and I enjoyed just about the best BLT ever! The restaurant has a warm, friendly atmosphere with a pub-like setting in the front. A very lovely dining room is off the front seating. Our waiter was outstanding, personable and his pride in the Daily Grill and his work were evident. I would definitely commend this restaurant for lunch.

1 Thank FRHolmes1
Georgetown, Texas
“Late night dinner stop.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped in here late on July 4th after the fireworks! Orderd a pasta dish, some fried shrimp appetizers. Friends ordered some other stuff and everything was very tasty. Staff was very friendly and helpful even though it was late. They have a full bar as well.

Visited July 2013