“We stumbled in to this place by accident, and wow! what a treat!”

Fino Bar & Ristorante
Ranked #29 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
South Carolina
“We stumbled in to this place by accident, and wow! what a treat!”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We were actually walking to a different restaurant when we stopped to study the menu posted outside Fino, and a group of diners who were coming out persuaded us that we couldn't do any better than Fino. We were glad we took their advice. It's very small and unpretentious; what appeared to be a lot of locals at the bar. Busy and noisy, but very good food, and a reasonably priced bottle of wine. If you're staying at a hotel in the Union Square area, it is just a few blocks walk.

1 Thank CarolinaRoadTripper

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northern California
“Wonderful! This is a gem!”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

So glad we took the time to find this place. Although not far from Union Square, it is a little bit off the beaten path and if you blink, you might miss it. Look for The Andrews Hotel. Everything was just as it should be. Fine food; attentive and extremely pleasant staff. The caesar salad dressing seemed to have been made from scratch, as were the croutons! Love it! Love it! Love it! Three of us had excellent pasta dishes. The only misstep was the Tiramisu. The chocolate shavings on top were too bitter for my tastes, but it didn't mean I couldn't eat it. I did! We'll go back again!

1 Thank VQC
Commack, New York
“A Nice Choice near Union Square”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Situated in St. Andrew's Hotel, this is a good Italian restaurant with prices well below the often expensive San Francisco norm. I would recommend the pasta dishes especially. My wife had ravioli and liked it so much I didn't get a chance to taste it!

Brisbane, Australia
“Can't write anything bad about this place”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I just have to agree with all the other reviews, the food was excellent. Walked in off the street on a Sunday night and they managed to fit us in. If you can plan ahead then try and make a reservation as the restaurant is quite small compared to what I'm used to.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

“First restaurant I've ever posted a...”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

First restaurant I've ever posted a review for. It was THAT good! Service was wonderful and atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The food was amazing and authentic and impressed the food snob in me! Prices were extremely reasonable; I would have been willing to pay much more! Good for a romantic evening out. Will definately return!