“Absolutely fabulous”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a lovely little Italian restaurant on the side of a hotel in San Francisco.
We would have expected to pay more for the quality of food. The service was amazing and made the evening. My mum is allergic to garlic and the waiter and staff were brilliant about it and made sure she was okay with everything. Absolutely everything was amazing, everywhere was clean and it was exciting just being there.
We did have to wait for about 10 minutes for a table but for the quality of the food and experience we had was definitely worth it - I would have waited longer if necessary.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Fino's. We found the salads very fresh and excellently prepared. Our main courses were very flavorful and the right portions. Our waiter, Andres, was friendly and provided excellent service. This is a small restaurant and we ate early without reservations so I would suggest calling first. They are in a small hotel and it feels like a small restaurant in Tuscany. Enjoy.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Based upon TripAdvisor and Yelp, we made our way to this restaurant in an old hotel. Although we had a reservation, they made us wait, first in the lobby and then at the bar, for over 30 minutes. They didn't even want us at the bar at first, because they were serving people dinner there. And they didn't offer us a drink in the lobby, either. I get that restaurants get busy, but don't take a reservation for 8 if you can't even seat people until 8:30 and if you do, offer them a free drink! And do not then make your customers wait for 30 minutes for their entrees.
In other news, the service was very kind but very slow. The pasta was excellent but nothing extraordinary. The room is comfy but it was very crowded. The veal was prepared in a classic manner, well done but again not a new or interesting take. We were so tired by 9:30, we skipped dessert and after-dinner drinks. They left something off the check and we told them to add it back on, which added another 10 minutes to our wait. So yes, a nice Italian place, but San Francisco is FULL of nicer Italian food with much, much better service.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We haven't been to this restaurant in 20yrs. It hasn't changed (could use an update) but the food is still as great as I remember. We had a wonderful waiter (Michael). His recomadations were spot on. I will not wait another 20yrs to return.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel and it did not disappoint. We have eaten at some of the best Italian restaurants on the east coast and Fino was one of best meals I have had in a long time. The pasta was all homemade and service was great. It was one of those meals that you can still taste several days later. We had the caprese salad, fettuccine with prosciutto and a gnocchi halibut special. The fettuccine was melted in your mouth good. We also had the cheesecake and espresso. For the affordable price and high quality homemade pasta I highly recommend this place.