“Stumbled onto a gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Simply brilliant. I just arrived in SF and didn't feel like searching for far for dinner far from my hotel so I walked in without a reservation and got a place at the bar. Their minestrone was made from vegetables as fresh as my own garden and the linguine frutti di mare was unsurpassed. Their wine list was excellent and the waitstaff is both friendly and professional. I had the best meal of my entire visit to SF here.

There are newer reviews for Fino Bar & Ristorante

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The positive
Lovely ambience and attentive service. Nice complementary italian bread with balsamic dip. Good house red wine. Daughter and son enjoyed their respective pizza and carbonara, though I would say the carbonara was not particularly authentic.

The not so good
The mozzerella and tomato salad was ok but required salt to bring out the flavour of the tomatoes and more basil. my husbands pasta was lovely but the sauce again lacked flavouring. I had a grilled chicken breast dish, the chicken was over cooked and the roast potatoes looked and tasted like they were warmed up from the previous day and were not pleasant at all.

Thanks
To our waiter who refunded us the price of our drinks as we had a long wait (we hadn't noticed) between starter and main.

I feel the need to be honest as we relied heavily on tripadvisor users for restaurant recommendations on our trip and this is just my opinion of one visit. I have to say the dishes going out to tables looked amazing and other guests will no doubt have had a more positive meal.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Reccomended and was absolutly spectacular in every way. Veal and calimari was the best. Good prices and really good service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I read about this place on TripAdvisor and luckily it was right by our hotel. It was the best meal during our stay! The food was amazing and the service was great. You must stop by here if you are in the city!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a friend from Canada on my last visit to San Francisco. Four of us had a wonderful dinner with exceptional attention and wonderful food. While it has been a while since we dined there, it is worthwhile to call attention to it on TripAdvisor. It was reasonably priced and delicious as I recall. I had the Insalata di Rucola and the Linguine con Cozze e Vongole, while my spouse had the same salad but had Linguini con Gamberi e Cape Sante. As I remember, there were a lot of locals eating there which is always a good sign in my book. I will revisit it upon my next visit to my favorite city in the U.S.!!!