“Good sushi at reasonable price.”

Akikos Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Akikos Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #398 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: Mark Ln and Cluade Ln
“Good sushi at reasonable price.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but nothing to rave about. Price was reasonable given the location. The staff was friendly and helped recommend different dishes. If I were to pass through San Fran's Chinatown again I probably would try another restarunt. If you like sushi and never have been to Akiko it wouldn't be bad to give it a try.

• Visited July 2013

tucson
“Sushi at its finest”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a small and wonderful sushi bar and restaurant near San Francisco's financial district. The seafood and fish are as fresh as anything we have ever tasted, the service is knowledgable and unobtrusive and the atmosphere is intimate and compelling. Fortunately for us, servings of our favorite fish, Copper River salmon, were available and, on the recommendation of our server, we also enjoyed the white version of that salmon as well. Everything positive written about this establishment is right on the mark. This is a must for both residents and visitors to this great city.

• Visited June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Small, personal sushi restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I made reservations a couple weeks before we went to San Francisco for Akiko's. I do suggest making reservations because that is the first thing they ask you, and I saw their list on a Tuesday night and it was full. It is a small place and there is no big sign outside so you need to know the address. The sushi was really good, I highly suggest the 49er roll, and they do not rush you through the meal. We ordered a couple things and when we finished them we ordered something else. So take your times and enjoy your food. It is a great place for couples or a group of adults.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Katelyn H
Dallas, Texas
“So, Now I Know What Sushi Tastes Like”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

In San Francisco on business. I booked Akiko several weeks earlier thru Open Table. I have eaten my share of sushi. I've hit Nobu - New York, Dallas, Las Vegas and London. But I don't think I've had anything as compelling as Akiko. Alone, I sat at the sushi bar and let the chef prepare what he felt was the freshest sashimi and nigiri. It was all incredible - flown in from Japan that day. I went from King Salmon belly, to a Japanese sea bass, to scallop nigiri, hamachi, and finished everything off with wagyu beef, lightly seared and dressed with shaved black truffle. Yep - all day long. Highly recommend. (Be careful - there are two Akiko's in SF - the other one a tiny hole-in-the-wall on Mason - their sushi ain't bad either).

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MilesTripp
Montreal, Canada
“the best Sushi”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Reservations are a must, but it was worth waiting the 3 days. (Be careful not to miss it, as there's no sign on it & we walked right by.) It's a tiny restaurant, so they are able to be VERY attentive to all customers. The sushi is impeccable, exactly as it should be. We finally tasted what a REAL California roll is supposed to taste like (with REAL crab). The pieces of sashimi were very generous, as were all the pieces of fish on the nigiri. They make their own yummy wasabi and have fresh flavorful ginger. And lastly, they keep the sake warm throughout the meal, which added to our outstanding experience.

• Visited May 2013