“Excellent sushis for the price”

Ryoko's Japanese Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #90 of 5,860 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Take a walk around the heart of downtown San Francisco and you’ll come across Ryoko’s Japanese Restaurant and Bar -- a neighborhood staple that’s been around for 30 years. Walk down the stairs, and you’ve entered our high energy, underground restaurant. You’ll immediately be greeted by our team as we transport you to Tokyo in a restaurant steeped in Japanese decor and culture. Our food is authentic as can be, with things like our own distinctive style of miso soup and rice that's cooked with vinegar we make in-house. Our seafood is delivered fresh every single day for a distinctive, delectable flavor that’ll keep you returning time and time again.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We wanted to eat some sushis but not spend a lot of money. This was the good place: good and quick service and a nice welcome with some Edamame. Then we ordered some sushis and wakame salad. Everything was fresh and made on the moment! The place which is nice, is well located close to Union Square. We arrived quiet early so we didn't have to wait. One hour later there was the queue. But I think you won't wait long if you don't have any reservation! I warmly recommend you this restaurant and would go back again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Good music being DJ'd, creative sishi and appetizers. One of our favorite places. Fast service and alcohol is served to those waiting on a table...

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I live in Vegas and have been coming to Ryoko's for the past three years. I have eaten sushi around the world and this is one of my favorite places. Whenever I am in SF I come here. It is a little difficult to find on Taylor. One may walk right by it but once inside and down the stairs it is a really cool place. Don't forget to sign the SIGN IN sheet at the bottom of the stairs on the left or you are FUC-ed, especially if it is busy. I prefer to sit at the bar. You get quicker service and the servers seem friendlier.The sushi menu is great, as is the daily specials. I love this place because it stays open till 2am. It has a great vibe and usually packed. I have waited about an hour in the past to be seated. The cost is moderate ($$-$$$) depening on what you order, but its worth it.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel recommended ryoko and I can be skeptical of hotel recommendations - but this was incredible. Line out the door but only a 20-30 wait. Greeted quickly and offered drinks - excellent staff!

And the sushi - wow! We leave on the easy coast and have access to some pretty impressive sushi and was very very satisfied.

And the value - wow! We had 5-6 rolls and the bill w drinks and tip was under $70.

Will def go back!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went because of the high rating here on Trip Advisor. It is well-deserved for the excellent sushi. Prices here are standard so you're not getting a great deal but it is good food. The servers and staff were so ready and helpful. However, they got our order wrong and forgot a couple of things. Just too busy. We got there BEFORE the rush and still waited way too long for our food and especially too long because they got it wrong! By the time we left the line was up the steps and out the door. Can't imagine how long it would take them to get their food! We went at around 5:30 p.m. Next time I would go at 5. I would definitely go again though - good sushi is worth it!