“Annabelle's is a great place for lunch”
Review of Annabelle's Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: 1/2 block from the Powell Street BART station and many Market Street Muni lines.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had lunch there with a colleague while attending a huge conference in November. A very busy time, but we were able to get seated and enjoyed a great meal. Loved the food, drinks, atmosphere.

I highly recommend this restaurant and would return at a less busy time to really enjoy the ambiance.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Annabelles is a perfect place right across from the Marriott. If you are staying there you can skip their overpriced food and pretentious attitude and cross the street for awesome food and great drinks.
There happy hour is many hours long and the atmosphere is freindly. Try the meatballs appie...it will blow u away!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

After one of the most miserable days I have ever spent in my home city of Chicago and an equally miserable travel day to San Francisco, I arrived at Annabelle's hopeful. OMG they made me believe there is a travel+restaurant god. A single woman with a 7pm reservation, I got THE best table in the place, by the window, overlooking Fourth St. and all the action. My bourbon (Angel'sEnvy) was on the bar list and there was a short but really interesting number of wines by the glass. I ordered an ahi tuna crudo as an appetizer (wonderful) and when I asked my waiter for his suggestion for an entree and he came up with cioppino, I went with it with some hesitation. After all, it's a bit cliched to order ciopipno in San Francisco. The dinner, however, was awesome. Low key, elegant, great service, fabulous food, wonderful wine (I had an interesting Zinfandel). I felt welcomed, didn't feel odd in the dining room alone, and just exhaled after a long, awful day. The price was on par with Chicago. If you are a gal by herself who likes food, come here and sit in the dining room. It was a safe walk from the Hilton in Union Square. Thank you Annabelle's and San Francisco for great food, great atmosphere, and superior and friendly customer service!!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

When I attend a convention with 25,000 people at Moscone Center, I need some refuge. I discovered this bistro, very unassuming from the outside, was warm, cozy and quiet on the inside for a late lunch -- it might have been quite crowded earlier on, I don't know; it's best to avoid the "real" lunch hour, in any case, in a dense city like SF. Real linens, a distinguished decor, excellent service, and reasonable prices. We didn't eat a lot -- shared a yummy pizza and some red wine. Menu was short but everything looked good. Given the chance, I'd definitely return to this bistro. Prices are somewhere between casual dining and the next level up.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Good location and they managed to find a table for us with a 25 minute wait. No problem we waited at the bar and took in a Steam Beer. Food and service were pretty good but I would say the garlic fries were very strong and the garlic slightly burnt. Probably best to stay away from these if you need to be sociable afterwards, I was still tasting it the following day!!