“Feel Good Place”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice place, well located and nice food...We ordered two sandwiches for two people and they were huge which got wasted...I would advice to order one and then go for more..we also ordered QUICHE and was very rich and delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I took an expensive taxi ride to get to Tartine and waited in line to get in. It was so good we would have done it all again if we had the time during our four day stay in SF. Devine croque monsieur and café au lait a good as France. Everything that passed our view looked fabulous. I wish I could have eaten more.

1  Thank Voyager980
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Well, obviously this place is already super popular and had been recommended to me before but I had yet to go. It's not super convenient to get to and be prepared to wait. However, the food was amazing and in our two night stay, we ended up coming back again during our trip when we were at a restaurant nearby. We obviously over-ordered and stuffed ourselves so we could try several things. The banana tart was my favorite. The other thing that could bother some people is it's small inside and can be hard to get a table after you order. However, you can take it to go to avoid that problem.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed some days in SF with some friends from Barcelona who live there. They really wanted us to try Tartine bakery. The guys woke up really early on a sunday morning to make the line of this bakery (YES! there is always a line). They bought 5 or 6 different items. The bill was 30$.
Now, in my opinion, the pastries were great! even very good, but nothing to compare to any in Catalonia or France (which are way better!). In my opinion the croissants I buy in my bakery for 1€ each are much better...
But on the other hand I understand that my friends love it so much! It is like eating at home (europe), which in the USA can be kind of impossible sometimes.
So... avoid it if you are a tourist, if your european and live there, you'll feel at home!

1  Thank CRC30
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Yes, there is a line to get in, yes, the servers are a little snotty, yes, it takes 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee, but the ham ad cheese croissants and the almond croissants are well worth the wait. Be aware though, that if you go before 9:00am the menu is extremely limited - only bakery items, not sandwiches or bread