“Amazing as recommended”

Neighborhood: Mission District
San Diego, California
“Amazing as recommended”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Well, obviously this place is already super popular and had been recommended to me before but I had yet to go. It's not super convenient to get to and be prepared to wait. However, the food was amazing and in our two night stay, we ended up coming back again during our trip when we were at a restaurant nearby. We obviously over-ordered and stuffed ourselves so we could try several things. The banana tart was my favorite. The other thing that could bother some people is it's small inside and can be hard to get a table after you order. However, you can take it to go to avoid that problem.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
“Avoid if your a Catalan/Spanish or french tourist”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed some days in SF with some friends from Barcelona who live there. They really wanted us to try Tartine bakery. The guys woke up really early on a sunday morning to make the line of this bakery (YES! there is always a line). They bought 5 or 6 different items. The bill was 30$.
Now, in my opinion, the pastries were great! even very good, but nothing to compare to any in Catalonia or France (which are way better!). In my opinion the croissants I buy in my bakery for 1€ each are much better...
But on the other hand I understand that my friends love it so much! It is like eating at home (europe), which in the USA can be kind of impossible sometimes.
So... avoid it if you are a tourist, if your european and live there, you'll feel at home!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank CRC30
SJU
“Be prepared”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Yes, there is a line to get in, yes, the servers are a little snotty, yes, it takes 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee, but the ham ad cheese croissants and the almond croissants are well worth the wait. Be aware though, that if you go before 9:00am the menu is extremely limited - only bakery items, not sandwiches or bread

Visited December 2013
BKK
“worth queueing up for”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

a friend treated me to her favorite place and I have already recommended to many. The choices stare at you from the pastry case and then the menu already has your taste buds dancing. So fresh and delicious with the perfect cup of coffee to start the day. i will return to try lunch, the next time I am in SF.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Don't be disheartened by the 30+ minute wait. The only problem here is being able to make a choice when you reach the front of the line. The pastries and breads at Tartine are some of the finest I've ever tasted. My personal favorite is the ham & cheese croissant, but you really can't go wrong in this place. I will go back every time I visit SF.

• Visited October 2013