“Just join the Line!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Recommended by my daughter and also by the Concierge. We were warned there would be a queue/line (and noticed a similar one at an ice-cream place nearby) and found that quite comforting.

Time queuing went quickly and eventually ordered a hot-pressed sandwich which is plenty for two! Also, it is advisable to have a dessert too — we chose the lemon tart which was excellent. There was a 15 minute wait for this once we ordered so sat with a soft drink and soaked up the atmosphere. When ready, walked and consumed on Dolores Park.

Good experience.

1  Thank MikeLeicester
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

During a recent visit to san francisco we made the trip to Tartine not once, but twice!! There were simply too many things we wanted to try to fit it all into one visit. Each visit we were overwhelmed with the taste and quality of the products we tried. Our favorite? The banana cream tart (but really, you can't go wrong with anything you get!)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Each time we travel to San Francisco we have to wait in line for the pastries at Tartine. This time we sampled the Coconut creme tart, morning bun, shortbread cookie and croissants and they were all wonderful. This place is a must stop for your breakfast enjoyment!

1  Thank Rick C
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Tartine Bakery was awesome. Totally worth the 45 minute wait at 8:00 am to get a several breakfast pasteries for my boyfriend and I. I loved the sugar roll and fresh bread pudding. the boyfriend also tried a savory item; it was some french baguette with cheese and other toppings...he enjoyed it a lot. I had a spinach and mushroom quiche, was quite tasty.
The one complaint I have is with the staff - they could be a bit friendlier if you ask me. A few were a bit snotty, and should learn how to smile. Sure it's busy everyday, but hey you signed up for the job. It smells like heaven in Tartine.....I would be smiling everyday.

1  Thank travelmonkey800
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Always come here for food when visiting SF. I love all the pastries they offer. Very good coffee. Unfortunately always busy but the line move fairly quick