“Great Italian restaurant in Mission District”
Review of Delfina

Delfina
Ranked #204 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission District
Sydney, Australia
“Great Italian restaurant in Mission District”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant has a nice modern trendy atmosphere with great food. I can certainly understand that this type of restaurant does not target families/kids, however as a travelling family and as foodies, we had no choice but to bring the kids. With no kids menus, we has to order off menu - however our kids meals ended up costing more than ours!! (They got yet lamb - which I know is expensive in the US)

Other than that, we really enjoyed our meals - we had the asparagus/Parmesan and the Calamari. For mains, we had the chicken ragu pasta and the risotto (pea, prosciutto and mint) - all really tasty.

Would definitely recommend - perhaps reconsider bringing the kids.

• Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The other reviews on Tripadvisor consisted of 'snotty service' and 'snotty waiters' but we had a completely oppposite experience in fact our waiter was great, friendly, smiley, informed. It was busy but not so much that you couldn't hear yourself think in fact the atmosphere was great.

• Visited March 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our first night in San Francisco and we were very happy with our experience here. Despite being a 1/2 hour late we were seated immediately and with no complaint from the hostess.

For an Antipasti my wife had the Insalata di Campo and I had the Tripe alla Fiorentina for my Primi. Both were very well prepared and delicious. I especially enjoyed the tripe as very few restaurants seem to serve it.

My wife had the small portion of Spaghetti for her main course and I had the special, which was a Roasted Quail on a bed of polenta. We enjoyed our courses and just a quick note, they do serve in a true italian fashion, and portion sizes reflect the fact that you could and probably should, have a multi course meal.

If I had to pick a downside to the evening, it would be the couple seated beside us who hadn't learned that it's polite close their mouths when eating and coughing. Come on, people!!

• Visited March 2013
san francisco
“Snotty service and awful food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

If I'm going to spend a lot of $$ in a restaurant it better be good! And the service should at least be polite. The fish I ordered had clearly seen better days and the service was pretty much non-existent and when it did exist it was downright rude. I will never eat here again. Their pizzeria next door however, is quite tasty and friendly.

Springfield
“Panna Cotta to die for”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great food! One heckuva snotty wait person! Crowded! But the food was so good I almost forgot the wait person giving me the snotty look for insisting that there was indeed some wetness under the table that needed sopping up. I have not been able to find a lime panna cotta that measures anywhere close to the one I enjoyed here. Go for an early dinner or you'll never get a table.

• Visited May 2012