“Delicious food!”

Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,095 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Marrakech is an exotic Moroccan restaurant in San Francisco that has been highly acclaimed by the critics who have praised the fine cuisine, considerate service, and the authentic Moroccan atmosphere. Truly, the Marrakech is Moroccan dining without compromise. Marrakech further embellishes excellence with live music with world-class belly dancers throughout your dining experience. Marrakech has been a traditional visit for dignitaries, celebrities, and distinguished gourmands for over 30 years.The Marrakech is one of the first original Moroccan restaurants in California. The restaurant is furnished with cozy low couches and large decorative ornate pillows. The rooms are softened by tapestries coving the walls and ceilings. The decor creates an atmosphere of comfort and leisure. The meal is a 5 course feast servered with home baked bread. It is more than just a meal, it is a unique dining experience.Your full meal at Marrakech includes delicious Maghreb Salad, Harira (lentil soup), Bastilla (an amazing pastry-like dish, vegetarian or chicken), and your choice of exquisite Moroccan entrees, freshly brewed sweetened mint tea, and baklawa (Moroccan pastry). Your Moroccan meal is best eaten Moroccan style-using delicious, freshly baked bread as the ideal all purpose eating utensil. To enhance your meal, we offer a wide selection of imported and domestic wine and beer, as well as a full bar with a variety of specialty drinks.Dining at the Marrakech is truly a rich experience to be treasured for years to come!
Tempe, AZ
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We shared a lamb vegetable couscous dish and a bastila appetizer. Plenty for 2 and very tasty. Attentive service. Different variety of cuisine. A nice experience!

• Visited July 2012

San Juan Capistrano, CA
“A little disappointing.”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had reservations for the 6:30 showtime for the Marrakech Magic Theater next door. The doors were supposed to open at 5:30 and we had gotten there shortly after 5:00 p.m., so we decided to go ahead and have dinner at the restaurant. There was no one else there besides our family but there were several hosts and/or servers working. The service was very slow even though I said we had reservations for the 6:30 show. We did like the hand washing with the scented water and the wonderful lentil soup with the warm bread. However, the entrees got a mixed review. My husband had the shish kabob with prawns; I had the shish kabob with beef. My son had chicken with honey and my daughter had lamb. The cous cous served with the shish kabobs was tasteless and the vegetables were overcooked, as was my beef. However, my husband said his prawns were very good.My son cleaned his plate. My daughter did not like the sauce or the almonds on her lamb. We had to ask for our check when it started getting too close to show time. The waiter said he was supposed to bring us some tea but we said we had to skip it due to the magic show starting very shortly. Perhaps the place has more atmosphere later in the evening and maybe some of the other dishes are better, but I would not return. I did not feel it was worth the $92.00 check.

• Visited June 2012
Knoxville
“WOW! It IS still open!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I lived in San Fransisco in the early 70's. TO THIS DAY, I have always remembered the dinners I had at the Marrakesh. When Trip Advisor emailed and asked me about my favorite restaurant, Marrakesh came to mind, and I have eaten at some fine restaurants...
From the moment you entered, you were made to feel like family. When you got seated, on pillows on the floor, a staff person come by and sprayed (with an atomizer) your hands and face with a fragrance, to freshen you up. I remember the food was excellent, but I can't remember what I had. The atmosphere was fantastic!
I had plenty of places to chose from, that I have been to, including Chasen's, The Polo Lounge, Bonaventure Hotel, Caesar's Palace, etc...but Marrakesh popped in my mind first!

• Visited May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delightfully good food, morrocan experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We tried the restaurant as we were attending the magic show downstairs and it sounded interesting. We thought the food was terrific - moist and flavorful. My husband had the hare, chosen becasue it was a spicy dish. I chose the lamb tangine and was equally pleased. We did not stay for the much of the belly dancing, but it's an entertaining part of the evening if you have the time

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank tlizzie
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Must see in San Francisco!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

During my one week stay in SF Marrakech Moroccan restaurant is the best food I've had during my trip! Me and my friends came at 8:00 p.m. and spent about 2 hours dining here. The music was very relaxing and The belly dancer was very entertaining and even brought us up to dance with her. The food is definitely worth what i paid for, with lots to take home as well. We also checked out the magic show down stairs which was very cool and not like anything we've seen in Sf.

• Visited July 2011