“Great Food”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We met some friends here for brunch on a Saturday. We thought we would get there early (around 9:30) and still had to wait about 15 minutes to get seated. Once we did the service was good but the food was even better.

We all got different dishes and shared them all.

The Boogaloo's special was great. The breakfast potatoes tasted like they were mixed with stuffing or something...delicious. The biscuit with the vegetarian gravy was also very good.

The plantain cake with beans was a little different but also very good.

The winner of the morning were the lemon corncakes (lemon and corn pancakes). We got an order of 3 to share and they were the first plate cleaned at the table.

The price was reasonable and the location was pretty easy to get to (BART and a short walk in the Mission).

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Constant queues almost every time we passed here made us curious. So we arrived early one morning (at 9am) - to check it out and were not disappointed. Great breakfast selection; (we chose eggs on english muffins, and a fruit salad with good variety of perfectly ripe fruit). Generous servings, and friendly service in a fun atmosphere with kids art on the walls.

Reviewed June 5, 2010

We went on a Sunday for the brunch, which was great. Big pint sized cups of coffee got us started. I ordered one of their eggs benedict dishes. I remember it being really hardy.

For the record, I don't normally eat bacon. I save my fat intake for sweeter indulgences, like gelato. However, I heard I had to try it here, so I passed on my afternoon delight and went for some pork with my breakfast. The bacon was thick, some pieces more well done than others - but all tasty. It reminded me of pig roasts when i was really young. I enjoyed eating the fresh chicharrones (pork rinds) - these bacon servings were equally tasty.

We returned on Monday and enjoyed the Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes and the Sourdough French Toast ... with a side of bacon. Also, the OJ was fresh squeezed. Service was fine. Prices were great - the bill for 3 of us on Sunday was about $40 w/ tip. I skipped lunch both days.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Mission's fave brunch location

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 10, 2008

If youre veggie and you want breakfast and are willing to wait a few in line to eat...this is definitely a place to go...the breakfasts are huge tho...bring and appetite!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook