“Time of say is irrelevant”

SanJalisco Restaurant
Ranked #1,003 of 5,834 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Whether it is a late night carb-urge post party, a hung-over huevos rancheros morning, or a midday kids and enchilada situation, this locals-hangout delivers. Amazing fresh handmade corn tortillas. Good politics. Friendly professional service. A la orden Love it.

1  Thank Miz B

Reviewed February 23, 2012

This restaurant was in the same block as our inn, so we went there twice for beers. Very hospitable staff, relaxed environment. Food is okay. I didn't like their sweet mole though.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

A friend recommended SanJalisco so we went on a Friday evening. We were warmly greeted and immediately seated. As I perused the menu, I spotted menudo, which I love.
Sadly, that dish available only on the weekends, so I decided to try the caldo de res because the evening was cold.
As a starter, we split an order of choriqueso, a combination of chorizo and melted cheese which was absolutely delicious.
In minutes, my caldo arrived as did my partner's Milanesa del pollo. I was so pleased with the caldo because it was cooked just as my maternal grandmother made it - full of oxtails, corn, carrots, onions, potatoes and cabbage. The bowl was so large I took two-thirds of the caldo home. My spouse loved his dish, which was a huge piece of pounded and fried chicken breast along with pinto beans and Spanish rice with a green salad.
Oh, and they have Mexican Coke which is made with cane sugar and tastes better than American Coke.
Our hostess was so happy that we liked our meal that she brought us some chorizo which we had with scrambled eggs for breakfast.
I recommend SanJalaisco without reservation!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

fresh ingredients, good service, all in all value for money. But it was pretty cold there, leaning your arms at the table,maws as placing them on an icebox.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We were vacationing in San Francisco and wanted to see all the amazing murals on Balmy Street and throughout the Mission District. Based on a review in Frommer’s Travel Guide, we ate lunch at the San Jalisco Restaurant.

They offered a large number of choices and the food we chose was awesome.
I had Pollo en Mole- chicken covered with a home-made chocolate mole sauce. My wife had the Linda’s Special- boneless chicken with grilled onions, potatoes, tomatoes, noaples and bell peppers. The chickens were juicy, spicy and tender. Our meal also came with warm home-made corn tortillas, Mexican rice and black beans. They had a good selection of imported Mexican beers. The portions were large and prices were modest.

The atmosphere was festive with brightly colored banners and historical photos. The service was excellent. This is a local family run business that deliverers great authentic Mexican food – for a tourist looking for a good non-tourist place to eat- it does not get any better than eating at the San Jalisco Restaurant.