“Best Burrito in the Mission”
Review of Taqueria La Cumbre

Taqueria La Cumbre
Ranked #828 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed July 1, 2012

La Cumbre is nothing short of a holy place for me. I have fond memories of ordering bean burritos & bringing them to Candlestick Park when we'd sit in the fog & cheer on the Giants. Back in the late 80's/early 90's no one cared if you brought your dinner to the game. They were just happy you came out to the ballpark.

I moved away almost 20 years ago. Yet, every time I return, I make the pilgrimage to 16th & Valencia for a burrito. And I am never disappointed. It's worth the price of the plane ticket to SFO. Reviews that complain about "unfriendly service" don't get the Mission. You are supposed to know what you want. If you don't know with one glance at the menu on the wall...then a taqueria is not your thing. It's guerrilla dining at it's best. Walk in, order, get served a burrito the size of your arm, then boogie.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was in the Mission District briefly during a trip to San Fran, and was surrounded by so many similar restaurant options. Not wanting to stand on the street trying to research restaurants on my phone, I honestly just picked this place because I remembered seeing it on Man vs. Food...not exactly the best logic.

The decor and cleanliness were not particularly impressive, and the woman taking the order behind the counter was curt and unwelcoming. But the food was very tasty, and relatively cheap.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This place offers some standard carne asada, pork, chicken dishes. I was craving a torta but the bread they use is not the traditional bread so instead I had the carne asada plate. The dish comes with rice and your choice of beans. The beans were yummy and the meat was flavorful and tender. The horchata is a little too sweet but it is still good.
The portion size is large so you will get full. The salsas are also tasty and ask for chips so you can dip them into the different options.
The price is not street food price but considering the portion size it is a good deal.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I saw this place on Man v Food and as Burritos are one of my fave foods was so desperate to go. I really wish I hadn't! The lady that served me was not very friendly and the food was not very tasty.

2  Thank miss-sdh
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Having visited most of the Mexican places in the mission district i had always missed this one out. After watching a re run of Man V Food i decided to give this place a try. Have to say its still super tasty with some great burrito options to choose from. Went here with some friends to pass the afternoon and everyone loved it. Would return again.