“Yum”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Amazing burritos - fresh ingredients, made while you watch, grab a beer and enjoy. Don't forget to order the grilled scallions (cebollitas).

Reviewed July 28, 2013

First, Pancho Villa's has amazing food and is worth going to. That said, it is in the Mission District, and if you're not used to . . . um, diversity of lifestyles, just be forewarned. The Mission District is a cultural melting pot with colorful produce markets, some of the best taquerias, some really good street art (often with social commentary), but also with some of the urban negatives (solicitations, homeless, tho' it's NOT like these are everywhere, so don't be put off). Best to go during the day, although in the summer, it's fine even at dusk. Know that there are street corners and places to avoid, notably corners of 16th and Mission. All this said, go to Pancho Villas. The food is incredible: burritos, nachos, tacos, fresh meat and veggies, and vegetarian offerings. Worth going.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Isidoro, from our hotel, recommended Pancho Villa to us as a great place to get authentic Mexican food. Ohhh was he right!!! We ordered at the counter, which had the menu on the wall, and all the food right in front of you (behind glass). You could see all the ingredients! I had a burrito with carnitas, rice, black beans, and cheese. It was so good! My husband got a burrito loaded with everything you could think of. Our daughter got the vegetarian burrito. Our son got a burrito for a child and it was huge! I wish we had a Pancho Villa in Philadelphia! They could teach them a thing or two about making excellent burritos. The restaurant was crowded! They open at 10 am. Very busy at 11:30! Plenty of seating available. Salsa bar at the rear of the restaurant. Tortilla chips served with meal. It was sooo delicious! I would recommend Pancho Villa to anyone looking for authentic Mexican cuisine! Wish I could order one right now.....

1  Thank Marisa O
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love Pancho Villa.

The food is fresh and authentic Mexican. You can not beat their tacos and fajitas. Possibly the best in California.

Sadly I live too far away (London), butI can't wait to go back there at some point next year.

1  Thank amendeo2016
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Friends brougt me to this taqueria. There were a lot of selections. I took standard burrito, which was excellent!
Prices are cheep. They have got awards that are posted on the wall.