“Excellent Food, Long Wait”

Dottie's True Blue Cafe
Ranked #36 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: SoMa
Description: Now located in a beautiful 1910 building with brick walls and hardwood floors with an open kitchen and very cozy atmosphere. Roof top seating when the weather permits for coffee and pastries or a glass of wine in the afternoon. We have an additional seating capacity of approximately 24 making for a quicker turnaround.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Even on a weekday, there is a line. But the food is worth it! I had the Chorizo Scrambled Eggs w/ the Cornbread and got the pepper jelly which is a definite must! I even ate the last little bit with a spoon because I didn't want any to go to waste.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

When my husband and I started planning our trip to San Francisco, I googled restaurants that had appeared on the Food Network. Dottie's was one of those places. It said it was a must for breakfast. I will say it is a very sketchy neighborhood. The line to get in is outside on the sidewalk. We were in line behind two locals and they told us the area was really not that bad. The wait was about an hour and a half, but well worth the wait. I had the Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes with real maple syrup. They were melt in your mouth good. The pancakes were huge! My husband had the Open Road breakfast special. He said it was delicious. The atmosphere was nice and very 20-30ish. All in all the wait was well worth it, especially since we were in line with locals. We got the chance to learn about the area.

1  Thank Sonjaxon
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a must go, it isnt in the best neighborhood but it is worth the trip. I lived sort of nearby so we walked early Sunday morning to see if we could beat the lines. We lucked out we were seated right away at the community table, every person after us had a wait, so if you can try to get there by 8AM to get a table quickly. The lemon blueberry muffin was delicious, I am not a huge pastry eater but this one was really great, shoved full of fresh blueberries. I got an omelette, that could have fed three people it was huge and came with a giant pile of potatoes and toast. My dad got one of the daily specials, it was a fritatta and he said it was the best breakfast item he had ever eaten.

Dotties is worth a trip and worth the wait.

3  Thank DaisyDot24
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Certainly worth the wait. The menu options re original and fantastic. The restaurant, the food, and the wait is an experience which should not be missed. I would highly recommend the experience.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Worth the wait; stood in line for about 30 minutes. Good food portions for the money.
It was a bit crowded but staff was well organized prompt and courteous.

1  Thank Francisco G