“A REAL SAN FRANCISCO EXPERIENCE!!!”

San Francisco Magic Parlor
More attraction details
Owner description: All New 2015 Production in our 3rd Year! The San Francisco Magic Parlor's new production features magician David Facer. Journey deep into his "World of Paradox" and explore David's fertile imagination and creativity. In our third year the San Francisco Magic Parlor is offering new shows new magic, and a new ambiance while retaining the distinctive qualities that have made it a staple of the Union Square Entertainment scene. David Facer's shows combine theatre and magic performance-art. During this one-person show he is your guide into a make-believe land of Magic, introducing several of the eccentric and bizarre inhabitants of his fantastical world where "Impossible is Not a Word." David portrays five diverse characters in his "World of Paradox." Be enthralled by: Jack Winter and his Sideshow Sensations, Jakob the Mechanical Man with a Human Heart, the enigmatic Dream Dweller Nicolai Bayne, and magical prankster and adventurer Spellvin. Award winning magician David Facer conjures paradoxical mysteries at his fingertips. He has performed with Broadway legend Carol Channing, and entertains in nightclubs, cabarets, restaurants, and at private events. David has been showcased at the San Francisco Zoo, the Hyatt Regency, Six Flags, the Cliff House, and Twining Vine Winery. Time seems to stand still in our intimate Parlor conveniently situated within the historic 100 year old Chancellor Hotel on Union Square. The Parlor's gracious turn-of-the-century ambiance evokes the San Francisco of old. "Sidesplitting and heartwarming!" -Bread & Roses A spectacular and intimate one man show." -SF Bay Guardian "Just off Union Square, away from the bustle of the crowd, is a cozy and charming place..." -San Francisco Examiner
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was lucky enough to grab a ticket to the San Francisco Magic Parlor during my stay at the historic Chancellor Hotel in Union Square. Walt Anthony's unique production was unlike anything I've seen before. His genuine presence blended history, magic and theater to create a truly memorable experience. I was captivated throughout the show as Walt uncovered mystical origins of the great city of San Francisco. Even native audience members were enlightened by secluded facts told by the Magician. I highly recommend this show!

P.S. Be sure to interact with the hospitable Mr. Walt Anthony post show as he will compliment your next visit as he did mine!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my first time seeing a magic show. I did not know what to expect. The room that this took place in was very small and private, and felt a little cramped. Once the show started, I stopped thinking about that. There were several magic tricks done throughout the show, but I liked how some were very subtle. If you don't pay attention, you might not notice some of the tricks. The stories were neat, but I am not much of a history person. I liked how they were intertwined with the show, and it definitely was not too much for me. My favorite trick was the last one- HOLY COW!! I won't spoil it by saying what he did, but WOW!! I liked how audience members were chosen to participate, and how each participant received a little star. (I was not chosen, so I don't know what they got). It's fun to see random people participate, and their reactions. During intermission, because it was an anniversary, cake was shared with us. Yum!! That was a fun treat. At the end of the show, we were given a little momento as well. I like things like that.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

First off I have to say that Walt is amazing! I have lived in the city for a little over a year now and kept hearing about this show. Many of my friends have went and I finally couldn't stand it anymore. I decided to give in and check it out. The event is located in the Chancellor which is a very nice place. The actual show is located in the restaurant which has an amazing atmosphere! I will have to eat there sometime! Walt dazzled my date and I with Illusions and insane stories about the city. I love San Francisco! And I think that The Magic Parlor just made me love it more!!!!

1  Thank Bryce J
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I took a group of close friends to the San Francisco Magic parlor last night. Walt Anthony weaves a wonderful tapestry of colorful history held together with magic and engaging banter with the audience. This is not a glitzy Las Vegas style magic show. Rather it is like the magic you would have seen more than 100 years ago in the cozy parlor of someone's home. The magnificent Chancellor Hotel, which will be 100 years old this year, is the perfect setting, and the showroom is transformed into that intimate parlor for an interactive theatrical experience unlike most others you can have today. You and your friends, as well as the other audience members, are performers on the stage with the magician/host. The magic happens close-up and right in front of you. Walt takes great care to get the historical details just right, bringing some of the most colorful residents from San Francisco's past to life. This show is equal parts of entertainment, ghost stories and educational content. My friends LOVED this experience. I think experience is the word, since what you get clearly transcends "just a show." You can't go wrong attending this wonderful piece of the San Francisco experience.