“Great Food”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sunset
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Ate at Thanh Long in late February 2014. This was the first restaurant my family and I went to on our vacation to San Francisco. The food was very good. Ordered the garlic noodles which was more than enough for me (they give you a huge plate that everyone can share). My brother ordered the crab which was huge. It's a little cramped in the restaurant but after you immerse yourself in the food, you forget being cramped. Besides, its easier for other customers to lean over and say "Hey, what's that" or laugh at you trying to smash open one of the crabs. Lol. If you like crab, this is definitely a place you need to try.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Much like the reviews here say, the Roast Crab + Garlic Noodles are a killer combo, and all you need. We also had the chocolate lava cake, which was a great way to end the meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I do like crab and basically ordered that and garlic noodles. This is the standard fare. We had lots of people so also ordered the shaken beef. I would recommend that too. A single crab for a person was too much for me to handle, but people do it. The going rate was quite pricey. This one's a hard one to say if it was "worth" it. The food is excellent for sure, but I've been making garlic noodles at home and the family unanimously voted mine better because it had more garlic flavoring in it. This is fun to try if it's your first time, but so expensive. Be prepared. Make reservations if you can. We were seated right away. Showed up for 6pm reservation and they weren't terribly crowded on a Friday night.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

you cant visit san francisco without passing by Thanh long. Best crabs in town. A little bit pricey but well worth it

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My friends recommended this restaurant and we drove about 20-30mins to get there from downtown San Francisco. Also as recommended, we ordered roasted crabs and garlic noodles. We also ordered garlic rice and fried noodles with shrimps for the kids. The kids loved their food, even though the rice might be a little "spicy" for smaller kid. I tasted the shrimp noodle and it was so nice (even better than the garlic noodle). 2 big crabs was presented nicely and between 3 of us could not finish them (guess we are not big eaters). When setting the table, we were given plastic bibs each and i thought it was funny, but when i look around, everyone was wearing one. Such an experience for those who never been served with a bib before!!! my friends and I enjoyed the food but i would not say it was top class. I wish the waiters would be friendlier. Even though there was no mistake and "professional" but there was no smile, the guy was not friendly, too formal make me feel not welcomed. The restaurant was a bit small, seating were so tight. It was nice for a visit, but i wont go back there again, there would be better places elsewhere.

1  Thank Pano R