“A Giant's Game Landmark”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Momo's

Momo's
Reserve with OpenTable
Momo's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,022 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: King St.
Transit: King St. Muni, N Judah, Cal Train
Rio Vista, CA
“A Giant's Game Landmark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Always a favorite place before a Giant's game. The atmosphere of all the fans, great food, location cannot be beat. However, even though the combo louis was great (see photo), felt $22 for it was a little too high. I had not ordered this before, would have it again, just sayin a little pricey for what you get. Regardless, don't pass this place up, lots of fantastic food. A must do if you never have. Be prepared for a wait, long wait when busy, it's one of the best around the park and most popular. Can get very crowded, consider a reservation for after the game and enjoy a nice meal then? Go Giant's!!

• Visited August 2013

Brentwood, California
“My Friend has Collapsed in the Bathroom?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location across from the ballpark...and that's the end of the positive attributes of Momo's. Too many individual bad experiences to document here but this should give you the feel...

We visited during a game (not before or after); the place was not crowded and had plenty of staff on-hand. The service was slow and when I took the forth bite of my burger I had to extricate a long, black hair from between my teeth. And this wasn't the "oops, it fell onto your food" type of hair. No, this one was part of the meat patty - very gross. I advised the waitress I no longer needed my food and the reason for it. She said, "Oh, sorry about that," and walked away. Really, that's all you got? Not, "Can I bring you something else?" ... or maybe "let me make sure this doesn't end up on your check." The manager was aware of the hairy food and offered to make my accompanying diet coke "on the house." I then got charged for two, despite only drinking the original one I had ordered with dinner.

After more lousy service, mediocre food and failed drink deliveries for our table, our party of eight people began to leave; some stopping by the bathroom and others (like me) running for the exit. As I stood outside, with my wife, awaiting the rest of our group, the manager contacted us. He told us he was going to call an ambulance for our friend who was passed-out in the bathroom. This made no sense to us, as none of our group (all adults well into our forties) had consumed more than two drinks and we had left our table only seconds earlier. He stated the drunk woman in the bathroom was a female from the table he saw us sitting at...so back inside we went, befuddled, but looking to help our friend.

After confirming the combative, puking dame was NOT a member of our group, my wife and I exited again. While waiting for the rest of our group, the manager approached us again. This time, with a used car dealer tone, he offered us free "shots", as some sort of recompense for a lousy dining experience. Seriously dude?

I know Momo's location makes them a money-printing machine and they won't care about this review. But for what it's worth to the TA.com community, I wouldn't return to this place if it were free. I'd take my chances in the Tenderloin before I risked eating here again.

• Visited July 2013
Cool, CA
“A Giants pre-game ritual?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We tried MoMo’s on the frequent on-air recommendations of the Giants’ broadcasters. We were three hours early for the start of the game and were seated immediately. The main dining room is set up like a sports bar with multiple screens running current games and events. By the time we ordered, the room was packed with Giants’ fans so we were concerned what that crush of customers might do to the wait time and service but the food was served in a timely manner and the service staff was excellent, thoughtful, and attentive. After a brief wait, Maddie, our server greeted us and took our orders. She was charming and attentive to detail – like most San Francisco professionals taking our orders and changes without writing anything down. I ordered the Cobb salad, asking her to hold the bleu cheese & red wine vinaigrette and to substitute a cup of Louis dressing on the side. The salad was served in a large bowl stacked with a variety of crisp fresh greens, covered in crushed bacon and shredded roasted chicken, with a hard-boiled egg sliced to the side. The bacon and greens were generous – the chicken was pretty sparse. The treat was their homemade Louis dressing that was thick, chunky and delightfully zesty. When Maddie came by for an initial quality check within minutes of receiving our meals, I requested a second small bowl of the dressing. My wife had the mushroom and sausage pizza. She likes thin crusted pizza and this was just right for her – ultra thin, crispy crust, lightly covered in red sauce, slices of mushrooms, cut Italian sausage, provolone cheese, and generous chunks of roasted garlic – topped dressed with arugula leaves. The eight slices were too much for her lunch so I was lucky enough to get two slices to go with my salad. Even with a generous tip, the lunch was under $40 -- not bad for SF. This may become a pre-game ritual for us.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
San Francisco, California
“Nice restaurant before a ballgame”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've always liked Momo's. I came here with a friend before a home baseball game last month. I had a huge martini,then a double-cut pork chop with red beans and rice, and string beans! It had a mustard sauce, and was cooked perfectly, was wonderful. Great location across the street from AT&T Park. Nice upscale vibe in the restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great food; good bar scene before a game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Have been here for business lunches, dinners with wife and friends, people from out of town, a drink before a Giants game - can't beat the food, ambiance and location. Nice oysters, excellent seafood, good wine selection. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2012